Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Service Pack 2

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
cadmaster
378 Views, 26 Replies

Problems with Service Pack 2

Since installing LT 2009 Product Update 2, I seem to be experiencing more frequent crashes - the main screen freezes during a command execution, though the tool palettes are still active - and the only recourse is to terminate the process in Task Manager.
Is anyone else having this trouble?
26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
lrlandusky
in reply to: cadmaster

After you click the link go back, look for a few spaces in the link in the address bar, and remove them - hit enter again to load the new link. The discussion board adds a space when the link wraps to a new line. The web won't work with spaces in a link.
Message 22 of 27
lrlandusky

Straight from the mouth of Autodesk: uninstall update 2.

"Early this morning I was made aware of a new change request that is tracking incidences of random crashes like your's in AutoCAD LT 2009 after Update 2 has been applied. Currently we are rapidly receiving error reports ranging from New Zealand to the UK at the current rate of 37 reports over the past 24 hours.

Development is asking for a reproducible case to unravel what the root cause is. If you can reliably duplicate the conditions where the crash occurs that we can relay to development, please send details. Otherwise, you should uninstall the Update 2 that appears as "AutoCAD LT 2009 - English Version 3" in the Add or Remove Program applet until we can correct the problems you've been seeing.

We apologize for the inconvenience. This has become a hot issue that development is actively attempting to resolve."

Also, I had to click the box that says "Show Updates" at the top of the Add/Remove Programs window in order to see the English Version 3. After I uninstalled, everything was still customized as it should be (although I recommend backing up your CUI file and other custom files you may have changed just in case). We're going to wait for update 3.

If you uninstall, don't forget to add update 1, the Open/Close Fix, and the WAN accelerator. These are readily available from Autodesk's website.

Be sure to send any and all error reports. Autodesk doesn't know there's an issue and will not address comments left on the discussion boards only. Their development team works off of the reports and a few issues brought up by phone or email support. Edited by: lrlandusky on Oct 14, 2008 11:14 AM
Message 23 of 27
DavidArnott1935

Glad I found this thread, our office has had problems too, not what we expected after shelling out thousands to ugrade...
will set about uninstalling SP2.
Message 24 of 27
m.redmond

Have you tried updating your graphics card driver?

UPDATE: This did not work for us so am now removing SP2. Edited by: m.redmond on Oct 23, 2008 11:28 AM
Message 25 of 27
pedro0410e

Hi, I am new to this discussion group.
I was suffering 5 - 6 crashes per day, but only since installing SP2.

I finally worked out that (I think) it is linked with Autosave.
It appears to occur if you are in the middle of certain commands, and the autosave tries to save.

Turning autosave off removes the problem (no crashes in several days).

Or extending the time period between saves reduces the number of crashes because there are less opportunities for it to happen.

I would appreciate others trying this out, and we can get the so called experts to fix their stuff up.

Regards
Message 26 of 27
lrlandusky

Just so you don't feel like you are not being heard, I sent what you wrote to a support request I had open through Autodesk Subscription. We are no longer running update 2 so we can't help you test it, but perhaps they will come up with a solution for all of us.

Thanks,
Lance
Message 27 of 27
Anonymous

SP 2.01 was posted last Thursday, no more crashes being reported so far:
http://www.autodesk.com/autocadlt-updates

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost