Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Autocad lt 11 / Windows 7 64 bit

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
809 Views, 17 Replies

Problem Autocad lt 11 / Windows 7 64 bit

Help,

i have autocad lt 11 (64 bits) on a laptop lenovo W530 (nvidia K2000M). I use Unigraphics NX6 too.

I have 2 problems since i migrated to Windows 7 entreprise 64 bits. I haven't this problem with Windows XP.

1- When i do a chamfer or a raccord (at 0) The shift key freeze the screen and it's impossible to obtain the result.

For example the shift key doesn't work when i deselect an object from a group.

2- I have another problem when i type a command or a text the response time is not immediate.

Thanks for your answer

regards

Sylvain

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Is LT2011 fully patched and updated?
Is your commandline docked in LT (I recommend that it always is)?
Does the response time for #2 improve if you turn off DYNMODE?
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The version is fully updated and patched.

My commandeline is doked.

And i change the dynmode value and it's not good

Message 4 of 18
pendean

is the SHIFT key used to do something else on your laptop? There seem to be dozens of Lenovo topics on the matter: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge-S-series/Thinkpad-Edge-14-Keyboard-Key-Shift-r-not-working...
If you disconnect from the network, and turn off your wireless, does the typing lag still loccur in a new LT file? In an LT file on your PC?
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

The problem still occur. For information in the office 3 personns change this configuration (laptop + win7) and at the moment all have the same problem. So we have 2 screens in configuration extend and a keyboard extern. And I have the same problem with the both. But not shift key problem with other soft.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

Hello, is there anybody could help me? I'm searching on internet and i don't find anywhere the same problem   Smiley Frustrated

i test different adjustment and nothing change....

Message 7 of 18
Charles_Shade

Your last post speaks of 2 screens being used. Assuming the other LT Seats are also on Laptops with the video being pushed to a second monitor as well.

How much RAM for the Laptops? Aero or other themes being used?

Have you tried not using the second monitor and just having LT run on the Laptop screen only?

If so do the problems persist?

If not then there is an issue with the second monitor, and that may be nothing more than adding the monitor and then extending LT to that screen.

Changing OS from Win XP to Win 7 would not automatically make video changes to the setup of LT from one OS to another.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Assuming the other LT Seats are also on Laptops with the video being pushed to a second monitor as well. It's OK

How much RAM for the Laptops?  8GB

Aero or other themes being used? Basic themes

Have you tried not using the second monitor and just having LT run on the Laptop screen only? yes I have

If so do the problems persist? The problems persist

Message 9 of 18
pendean

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/quick-tip-disable-the-sticky-and-filter-keys-in-w...
Also, boot into safe mode to test if this issue persist on safe mode.
Message 10 of 18
Anonymous

So, i tested the sticky modification. And nothing changed but it seems it's the good way. I do a mistake. I launch the "on-screen-keyboard" after that my "physical keyboard" did'nt work. I tested this config with autocad and it works! Smiley Surprised

To change the keybord situation i must tell to my IT crew (because i don't have the administrator right). That was not easy but after some times. We find one thing. When my laptop was configured it was using the soft "dameware virtual keyboard" and it's the reason why i can't change the config keyboard alone.

We try to delete this soft (try because for the moment it's not complete) and between a restart my physical keyboard and the shift key was ok. Smiley Happy Autocad works very good.

BUT when the IT connect my laptop again, the problem be back and some parts of the soft  "dameware virtual keyboard" was'nt destroy.Smiley Sad

Now i'm waiting the next week because they will try to delete completely this soft. and i hope autocad works.

Maybe it's not the solution, so if you have an idea don't hesitate.  Tell me

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous

Hello,

the problem still occurs...Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 18
pendean

Sorry if I missed it, but did you try testing while in safe mode?
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous

Spoiler

Finally after different test ( it's not easy to launch a safe mode in Windows 7 entreprise with a lenovo W530) I try in safe mode and Autocad did not work. I launch Autocad and after 5 seconds it closes.

But I have a news about my problem. I found a dwg file made 03 may 2013 (with autocad lt11 / windows XP) and when i launch Autocad by this file, this file unblock all my problems! ! Incredible!

After this i can use Autocad normally create a new drawing etc... For information this file was create by the same gabarit (.dwt) file.

I check if i found some difference between the both situation and i saw the old file is a trusted dwg and not the new one. How it could be possible? And is this, the reason why i have problems or not? I don't know.

Maybe when my IT install Autocad an option must be valid?

if you have any answer tell me because it's very weird.

Message 14 of 18
pendean

A weird fix for sure, but glad it worked.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous

Yes it works but it's not the right way. 

I hope really someone gives me a solution. I'm an autocad teacher in my entreprise and i can't explain the .dwt file if it doesn't work. And how explain to start Autocad, don't use the icon but use one specific dwg file. it doesn't make any sense.

Message 16 of 18
pendean

"trusted" means the file was created in AutoCAD: the tohers must have been created in other programs.
Sounds like you just need to reset your default templates based solely on your posts, although I'm still confused about that whole 'virtual keyboard' software entry you also identified as a solution.
We don't use Lenovo laptops (or desktops), but we do have 2011-2012-2013-2014 installed in Win7 Pro 64bit with no issues in our entire office. And all of out default templates are created in AutoCAD.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous

It's the first thing i do. I made a new template from the old trusted file. and it doesn't work.

I used the default autocad template too and it doesn't work.

Why Autocad doesn't open a trusted Autocad file like an untrusted Autocad file? And sometimes not. that is the question...

Message 18 of 18
pendean

Can you share a problem DWG? Realize all we can do is confirm if the problem is file related or not, if it opens for everyone here then your issue might well be system related.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost