Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print page ( paperspace )

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
258 Views, 4 Replies

Print page ( paperspace )

Im spiraling down the slippery slop of autocad Madness!

OK.

Printer = Cannon R5000

Paper = A4 (297 x 210 )

Print size = 287 x 200

when i check my printer settings in both the printer preference & Autocad, they are both set to A4. In the page setup form in Autocad, it is set uo tp A4 & 297 x 210 with a printable area of 287 x 200. Why is it then that the visual border in paperspace measures 306 x 209 and Autocad prints to this page size? There isnt any record of this paper size anywhere.....

Why cant it just accept that i want A4? What happens is the page loses the top 7 right side of the template.

If there is any infinate wisdom. i'd greatly appreciate it right now 🙂

cheers

Nidge

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Post a sample of the Drawing setup the way you want.

Message 3 of 5
pendean

Every printer has a no-print border: if you want borderless printing, your printer driver must support it or you need to print/plot to a larger sheet and trim the paper manually.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

i have the printer set as a printerless border. autocad 'should' provide the paper size that the printer is providing and display in to the print. The pagesetup dialog box show the correct paper size.

I managed to fudge something lol. By adding a new layout, setting up a page from scratch and then copying everything from the old template over, i can get an A4 page. if i try to edit or do anything on the existing setup, it doesnt work. Still a few anomolies tho'. The printer has both A4 & A3. A3 will print right to the Autocad dotted lines, A4 wont even though they are both set up exactly the same..... I'll livve with a 5mm set it on the titleblock 🙂

Cgheers

Nidge

Message 5 of 5
hwalker

Could there be an entity on your original layout that you cannot see that is affecting your page layout.

eg

Something on a frozen layer

A blank text object.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost