Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting PDFs made through AutoCADLT2010

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ERRC
520 Views, 3 Replies

Plotting PDFs made through AutoCADLT2010

Win XP SP3

AutoCAD LT2010 (up to date)

DWG to PDF.pc3

Adobe Acrobat reader 9.0

Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0

HP 650 C

Greetings

I am having a heck of a time sharing PDF's with other Architects

I create the PDF's from AutoCAD using the DWG to PDF.pc3.  The Preview of the PDF looks fine.

but.....

When I plot from Acrobat the file goes into a 'flattening' progress bar that takes about 15minutes to finish before the plot starts.   and then it plots with errors.  This is also happening to folks I send PDF files to.

I have tried optimizing the file in Acrobat, Saving as an EPS and then distilling to a PDF, and have also tried writing PDF's from different AutoCAD Files, I have also tried saving down to previous versions of Acrobat.   The same thing keeps happening.  

Anybody have a Clue?

Any way to change the Characteristics of the PDF output file from "DWG to PDF" without affecting quality? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnshort
in reply to: ERRC

Are you sending the Layer info to Acrobat as well? I had a similar problem a while back, and that was the problem (although you wouldn't think it would cause problems). My sheets would all look good in A-bat, but the last sheet wouldn't print at all.

Also, there are some wierd fonts that A-bat doesn't like.

What plot area are you using? Layout?

Message 3 of 4
ERRC
in reply to: johnshort

I am plotting from layout. 

I had just loaded Acrobat 9.0 Pro:

The result seems to be that the DWG to PDF.pc3 no longer functions as smoothly

(for some reason when you plot these PDF's they display a "flattening" progress box, and crash after a time)

...and I cannot find any settings in the dwg to PDF.pc3 that would allow me to include or not include layers.

the Adobe PDF writer.pc3 (included with acrobat 9.0) seems to works fine, as long as you uncheck the 'rely on system fonts only..." box in the Custom Properties dialog.....I am able to save down to previous versions. 

Took me a bit of embarassment and alot of time to figure out the differences.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: ERRC

Thanks for sharing the fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost