Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot to PDF-some letters are faded

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
btrydel
8171 Views, 24 Replies

Plot to PDF-some letters are faded

I receive and update many drawings created by the same organization (using AutoCAD LT 2012).  Often, when I plot to PDF, the lettering in the labels becomes faded (like every-other letter within the same word).  I have tried all available pen assignments, and many different lineweights and fonts.  Please help.  Thanks.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
gcampuzano
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your direction. I am aware of ZIP programs. I did not know I needed to do that to communicate here on the boards. I will look at the settings now. We use Acrobat and Reader.
Message 22 of 25
gcampuzano
in reply to: gcampuzano

Progress!
I changed the settings. Big item was the custom resolution. It looks much better and prints better, also.
Some of the lines on the drawings where fading, like the arch window on the front elevation. Also some of the text in the title block, the lower left script and the upper right box.
But your suggestions surely helped. Thank you.
Message 23 of 25
pendean
in reply to: gcampuzano

Glad it worked out: you will notice Acrobat becomes slightly sluggish but that's because you took away all the Adobe tricks to speed up their bloatware of a software package.
Message 24 of 25
managementPHUZD
in reply to: pendean

I changed from the roman.shx font to a truetype font (STYLE command) and that took care of the problem. Text looks a little weird in the drawing on the screen now, but at least in the pdf it is back to what most would consider presentable.

Message 25 of 25
mohay063
in reply to: managementPHUZD

I had the same problem. It is the text style. The source file was from someone else who used Karel20 style. It did not work on mine. I changed to Ariel and it vanished.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost