Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot to PDF-some letters are faded

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
btrydel
8064 Views, 24 Replies

Plot to PDF-some letters are faded

I receive and update many drawings created by the same organization (using AutoCAD LT 2012).  Often, when I plot to PDF, the lettering in the labels becomes faded (like every-other letter within the same word).  I have tried all available pen assignments, and many different lineweights and fonts.  Please help.  Thanks.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
pendean
in reply to: btrydel

Your file is not set to PDF output, and you did not share the CTB it is using: based on that, there appears to be no issues with PDF output here.

Now,. are you describing a problem with these letters as you view the whole sheet in your PDF viewer, but if you actually zoom into one of these words the problem magically disappears? If you answered yes, look at the screenshot attached. The problem is the PDF viewer and not the PDF file. There is nothing to fix in AutoCAD.

Message 3 of 25
btrydel
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for replying.  I have to ask what the first sentence means "Your file is not set to PDF output" and also what is the CTB.  Forgive me, but I am a novice here.

I am wondering why some files plot the text clearly on the PDF and others come out like this.  I understand that zooming in helps it a little, but the quality is still bad.

Thanks Again.

Message 4 of 25
pendean

I opened your posted file: it's set to output to DWF.

It's also looking for a plot style table (CTB in this case) that you did not share.

See attachment. Hope that helps explain what I meant.

Did you look at my last screenshot to see what I meant? Your reply seems to indicate you did not. Left side is FOXIT pdf viewer, the right side if Adobe Acrobat viewer. Same PDF, the one on the right shows what you describe. It has a lot to do with how far you are zoomed out on the sheet and text size. There is nothing to fix inside AutoCAD if you are using the core PDF driver.

Message 5 of 25
btrydel

I have corrected those 2 items and the PDF comes out the same.  Assuming the file I received from the client was missing the pen style assignment from the begining,  is there any way to correct the problem, perhaps changing the PDF driver?

Message 6 of 25
pendean

It could help, I don't know: worth finding out if you can get it.

Message 7 of 25
breierg

Has this issue been solved? I have the exact same problem using publish to PDF and Adobe viewer

Message 8 of 25
btrydel

Not really. I resorted to using a foreign PDF program and it comes out ok, but the driver that comes with AutoCAD should not have this issue when most other drivers don't. Try PDF Complete or some other free program
Message 9 of 25
breierg

I agree totally I resorted to using PDF-Xchange and they come out with no problem what so ever

Message 10 of 25
Charles_Shade
in reply to: breierg

Is the issue that you cannot create a PDF or that your video driver and viewer are having difficulties resolving the image on the monitor?

And when plotted is the plot quality poor or good?

Message 11 of 25
breierg

Same problem as Btrydel, faided text and object no real rhyme or reason. Im using publish in Acad 2013 but the problem has been an issue since at least 2010. Creating and plotting are fine, the problem is viewing in Adobe viewer

Message 12 of 25
Charles_Shade
in reply to: breierg

Then the PDF works fine and you need to figure out where your monitor and graphics card are giving you the issue.

For me Adobe looked very nice but Foxit is not as attractive on screen. The opposite of what Dean posted I believe.

32" Sharp Aquos thru HDMI connection

1366 x 768 @ 60 Hz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with DVI output

Message 13 of 25
btrydel
in reply to: Charles_Shade

The PDF that I create using "DWG to PDF.pc3" as the plotter selection comes out readable but not presentable to a client, even at 100% zoom.  Once created, the image looks bad on any machine/monitor that I send it to.  Other PDF programs work fine, and so does AutoCad LT 2008 with "DWG to PDF.pc3" selection.  Just having trouble with 2012 version.

Message 14 of 25
Kayte

I continue to have this problem as well when using the embedded dwg-to-pdf.pc3 plotter in C3d 2014. I have not seen nor found a solution except to use a different pdf plotter. This problem needs to be resolved.

Thanks

Message 15 of 25
gcampuzano

I see these posts are a couple of years old and I don't know if the issue was resolved.

We are using ACAD LT 2015 on windows 7

The reason I'm here now is that I have a similar problem in plotting to pdf, specially when I plot a page full of text, spec's. Sections of text are very faint and dificult to read. The problem persists when I print that pdf.

I was going to ask to look at my options for plotting and see which might be the best. I've never seen so many. See attached.

I also tried Cute pdf but it did not help.

Maybe my settings are wrong, how do I change settings?

Message 16 of 25
pendean
in reply to: gcampuzano

Why not share a problematic PDF and the DWG it came from (you can make a test file if you want) along ith your plot style table file and let's see actual files. Your screenshot tells us nothing.
Message 17 of 25
gcampuzano

The only reason for posting that screenshot was to see if there was a "prefered" plot to pdf format I should try.

Anyway, I just did a drawing to attached here so you can see the way the pdf comes out. Some of the lettering and drawing lines just fade out.

I'm ataching the CAD drawing, the pdf and also the plot style I use.

I hope this is what you need to make a determination.

Thank you for your help.

Message 18 of 25
gcampuzano

Maybe I don't understand what the "plot style" you mentioned is?

The one I tried to attach was removed because it has the wrong file extension and it would not be accepted.

Message 19 of 25
pendean

Get in the habit of using AutoCAd's built-in eTRANSMIT command, which bundles and zips these files for you to share (like the plot style table).
OR ZIP it if needed then post it, a feature built into every Windows version for some time now: I'm not sure why CTB and STB files remain excluded around here.
Message 20 of 25
pendean

So I see nothing wrong in your PDF: it has lineweights and letters just fine. Which ones are faded exactly?

And what PDF viewer are you using? If you use Adboce Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, chenge the default display settings and see if that helps you.

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost