Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent layers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kobilancm
1418 Views, 2 Replies

Permanent layers

Hi.

Just installed the AutoCAD LT.  I am trying to set up the drawing layers such that they are permanent evertime I open the program and begin a new drawing.  How do I set this up?

Thanks,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drjohn
in reply to: kobilancm

@kobilancm wrote:

Hi.

Just installed the AutoCAD LT.  I am trying to set up the drawing layers such that they are permanent evertime I open the program and begin a new drawing.  How do I set this up?

Thanks,

Chris

A template is prolly what you need.

Open a new dwg, place all the items you want on it such as titleblock or whatever, create layers/linetypes/dimstyles ... etc ... etc .... SAVE AS A DWT file in your templates dir as a unique filename.

Now when you open a new drawing use the new template that you just created and start from there.  All layers/linetypes/dimstyles/text styles will be available in the new drawing.

Helpful hint #243:

If you open an older drawing that was not created using this template you can open another drawing simultaneously and using the Design Center you can drag and drop these new layers and such into the current drawing.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 3
Charles_Shade
in reply to: drjohn

QNEW and STARTUP Variables

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost