Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pasteclip Issues AutoCad lt 2013

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
pongo1111
5790 Views, 11 Replies

Pasteclip Issues AutoCad lt 2013

Hi, our office is having an issue with Pasteclip on a couple different files. 

When trying to copy and paste from one file to another, or within one file, after about 4 pastes, the objects fail to paste and we are left with the following error log: substituting simple.shx to txt.shx

For clarity - this happens when trying to copy text, hatchs, lines, even when we just copied one line. It happens within the same file, and when copying to a different file. We tried restarting autocad and the computer. Once a document has had the copy/paste command acted on it 4 times, it stops being able to paste anything.

We tried copying between two files saved with acad lt 2013, we tried checking to make sure fonts were in the file, we tried purging, re-saving the file, repairing the file and none of these things worked.

please help!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: pongo1111

Are your two posts connected by chance?
copy/paste is a Windows OS function.
Message 3 of 12
pongo1111
in reply to: pendean

Hi, I dont think they are connected as it is happening to a different computer with totally different files. 

And yeah, I am talking about copyclip and pasteclip.   Copy/Paste is fine on every other program on the computer, just not CAD, so I think its a CAD problem.

Message 4 of 12
pendean

AutoCAD would give you an error message, either during COPYCLIP or PASTECLIP: do you get any?
Next time the paste fails open Windows Clipboard and see if there is anything there (or open mSWORD and try to paste).

What Windows OS are you using and what changed recently that you suddenly have all these problems today?
Message 5 of 12
pongo1111

So as shown above, there is an error message: substituting simple.shx to txt.shx. And windows clipboard is working fine, msword copies like a dream. OS system is Windows 7. Again, there is an error message. So I think it is a problem with ACad.
Message 6 of 12
pongo1111

Figured it out. We got a "fatal error: out of memory - shutting down"  message for the drawing. Its for sure a disk space/drawing too big problem. 

Message 7 of 12
pendean

That's not an error related to the two commands or this issue: it's irrelevant but does show that LT is not properly installed since simplex.shx is a core font everyone has. So what has changed at your end to create all these issues?

The MSWORD paste test was very specific: when pasting AutoCAD objects in LT fails try to paste those same items in MSWORD without performing any other copy function first. If you can paste those AutoCAD objects in MSWORD then your LT installation is royally messed up since it can't even find a core font.
Message 8 of 12
csevers

I've been experiencing the same issues as this user. I'm using Civil 3D 2013 SP2. My colleagues at my office are having the same problems, we have one file in particular that is affected. I do not know when it started. I did not need to use copyclip or cutclip (just used copy within the drawing) for months, then I tried to copy some polylines into a new drawing, and it crashed.

I have Windows 7, so I can't see what's on my clipboard, no clipboard viewer.

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 9 of 12
pendean

COPYCLIP command in AutoCAD creates a temporary DWG file in your Windows User Log-in Temp folder: sort by date in that folder then try to figure out if it's file creation that fails or something else going on. Then try to empty that folder and test again.
AutoCAD will not circumvent access issues created by Windows.
Message 10 of 12
csevers

I think you are on to something.

I actually tried clearing that folder yesterday and testing. Just because I would see that when I would copyclip I it would start saving a temp file then crash at 99%. After I cleared that folder, copyclip worked once, I was able to copyclip then pasteclip into another drawing. The second try failed.

Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 11 of 12
csevers
in reply to: csevers

It is drawing related though. I can use copyclip in other drawings and paste into other drawings, it's just one drawing in particular that crashes when I try to use copyclip.

Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 12 of 12
pongo1111
in reply to: csevers

Ok, so try this:

Delete any not used x-refs and purge. Do this for any x-refed drawings. Then use this command: SCALELISTEDIT

Then pick and delete any unused scales. Do this on both x-refed and main drawings.

Then save. Then try again. This will help reduce the size of the drawing, and has cleared up a few of our problems with copy/paste and dissapearing object issues. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost