Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP location

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ron
Contributor
2471 Views, 6 Replies

PGP location

So, I'm trying to copy my aliases to a different computer and I can't find the right file.

C:\Users\Ron\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad lt 2014\r20\enu\support

This is where the files are pointing to.  I upgraded from 2013 LT and my aliases came with it.  The PGP file that is in the folder above does not have the customizations I made and use everyday.  So...where would the actual alias file be?  And how can I know that in the future...it's not in any of the folders in the "support file search path".  Makes no sense but 13 and 14 are my first LT.  Was always on full AutoCAD before.

Thanks!!!

Ron

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ron

That is it.

Did you manually Copy/Paste into the bottom of this PGP file or use the Migration tool?

Message 3 of 7
pendean

Ask LT to open the one it is using, then edit it (remember LT needs to be restarted or you need to use REINIT command to reactivate it):
If your use the Ribbon - Manage Tab, Customization Panel, Edit Aliases button.
If you use the MENUBAR - Tools Pulldown menu, Customize selection, then EDIT PROGRAM PARAMETERS (ACADLT.PGP).
Message 4 of 7
ron
Contributor
in reply to: pendean

1st)  Thank you for the responses

2nd) Wow...I'm kind of an idiot and I've been doing this a while 🙂

So, just to lay this out in case it helps anyone in the future.  The file that the support path was pointing to was the correct file after all.  The resason I didn't think it was the right file was all the customizations are at the end.  This was not how I originally created PGP files but I guess it is how it is done with the migration tool.*

So what really confused me is that I have changed some aliases.  "G"...is Line.  But in the PGP file, there is still a G, *Group entry. When I saw that, I just assumed it was the base PGP file and did not go further.

What I am getting from that is that AutoCAD LT reads that file and uses the last entry for the letter or string of letters entered.  Pretty genius.  Unlike me.

So the two questions above led me to that and I appreciate it.   Let me know if I have that wrong.

*I don't know that I used a migration tool.  I installed 2014 and I actually don't even remember it asking me to keep or migrate settings but it may have.  I do remember that on first use, everything worked the way I had it set up in 2013.

Thanks again,

Ron

Message 5 of 7
Charles_Shade

Someone in another thread made a similar observation about forgetting about a Customization.

We all do this and then wonder why CAD does not "work" correctly when it is our meddling that change the bahaviour.

Glad you got it worked out.

Message 6 of 7
smogzilla

how do you ask autocad to open the pgp file it is using?

Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: smogzilla

In LT, where you are asking, click on the MANAGE tab in the Ribbon, look on the Customization Panel, click on EDIT ALIASES and select EDIT ALIASES from the pulldown menu.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost