Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions of Model Space vs. Paper Space.

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
karenhamilton
6523 Views, 23 Replies

Opinions of Model Space vs. Paper Space.

I've been using AutoCAD since 97 and am currently running AutoCAD LT 2010.  I've never used Paper Space because it just seemed easier to manage things with Layer Manager.  At this point, I'm figuring out how to do it (slowly but surely).  My question is this: do most of you use it and what are the advantages?  I haven't figured out yet why it is better than what I've been doing.  Thanks for any  responses.  And if someone knows of a great tute, please let me know.  Took me a long time to find out about double-clicking a viewport perimeter or just double clicking within the space of it.  Maybe I'm getting too old.  LOL.

--Karen

Tags (1)
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
d_r_wright
in reply to: pendean

Recently I decided to use Paper Space on all new projects. We have been developing macros and scripts to handle a lot of the repetitive stuff like revising the revision on fifty drawings, using -Attedit. In paper space our border is always inserted at 0,0 and scaled to 1, so the attributes are always in the same place and selecting them using Crossing in a script works perfectly.

Message 22 of 24
lovsofbal

I tried the UCSICON, but didn?t work on the 11x17 tab. I decide to try the
ANSI tab and the rotation was fine but the dashed lines turned solid. So
that?s another issue I don?t know how to fix.

Michael "Lee" Hyland

Assistant Project Manager

Valley Carports

Tulare, CA 93274

(559) 686-3867
Message 23 of 24
pendean
in reply to: lovsofbal

PSLTSCALE, LTSCALE and MSLTSCALE: what are these set to in your file? They all control the visibility of linetypes.

UCSICON is visible inside the viewport when you activate the viewport (AKA be in it). I don't understand "didn't work" since all it does is display and there is nothing to 'work'.
Message 24 of 24
ccave-Fabco

Thank you for an intelligent answer. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost