Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Dialogue Box

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
draftie1984
344 Views, 4 Replies

Open Dialogue Box

I am using AutoCAD LT 2009 and I have a strange issue with the "open" command dialogue box in so much as I just can't get it to appear. There are no issues with any other command dialogue boxes just this one. I have FILEDIA set to "1" so thats not the issue. When I set FILEDIA to "0" I can open a drawing by typing in the file path and name so there's no issue with the program not being able to find the drawings I want. I have tried every combination of the "open" command that I can think of and the system just hangs on the "open" command in the prompt line. The strange part of all this is that when I was on assignment in a Singapore shipyard recently I was connected to the clients server and internet connection and the dialogue box always appeared when opening drawings. I was using the same computer, the same external hard drive and everything was fine but since returning to my home office, in Thailand if it matters, where the system is stand alone, I just cannot get the "open" dialogue box to appear. I'm really hoping that somebody has a solution to this.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: draftie1984

It is off screen most likely: did you use an external monitor and now don't? Or change Windows display size?
Message 3 of 5
draftie1984

Hi Dean thanks for the reply, however the set up I have hear is near identical with the one exception being that the second monitor I used in Singapore was on the left and here its on the right. I'd already wondered if the dialogue box was opening behind the AutoCAD window so i made the window as small as possible and clicked the "open" comnmand but still no box appears. Incidentally all other boxes appear in the centre of the AutoCAD window regardless of which screen I have the AutoCAD window on. I find it odd that this one dialogue box would act so differently to all the others. To be honest i'm a little baffled.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

"... the one exception being that the second monitor I used in Singapore was on the left and here its on the right..."

That qualifies as totally different 🙂

Message 5 of 5
draftie1984

Hi Dean

A little expansion on your answer would have been helpful but you were quite correct, once i switched the monitor back from right to left there was the dialogue box to the right side of the AutoCAD window. As only an occassional user of this software, i moved on from drafting when AutoCAD was in its infancy, i'm afraid that i do not know all these nuances. I'd assumed that all the dialogue boxes behaved the same. Many thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost