Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opaque block

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
GM1436
579 Views, 7 Replies

Opaque block

Hi , just wondered if anyone could help .I am placing some blocks into a drawing with a map as a background.The block doesn't have a fill , I would like the block to be opaque so the background doesn't show through just on the block area .So what I need to know is there anyway i can hatch the block with an opaque fill or something to stop the background showing through ?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hwalker
in reply to: GM1436

Use a solid hatch and change the color to 255

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 8
GM1436

Thanks have tried that but it still shows up with a slightly darker background
Message 4 of 8
GM1436

I have looked at some earlier drawings printed with a Hp bubble jet and the problem doesnt seem to be there .I am now useing a Brother Lazer and this seems to be the cause of the problem.The blocks( traffic signs ) almost have a slightly silver mask on them
Message 5 of 8
jholt

1) Make sure that your ctb file has the color you have chosen set to plot at 1005 screening/density.

2) Make sure your pc3 file has the lines set to overwrite, not merge.

Either one or a combination may do the trick.

jeff <><
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Place a WIPEOUT behind the block. -- Daniel J. Altamura, R.A. Altamura Architectural Consulting and SoftWorx, Autodesk Authorized Developer -------------------------------------------------------------------- "GM1436" wrote in message news:14621955.1107351542185.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi , just wondered if anyone could help .I am placing some blocks > into a drawing with a map as a background.The block doesn't have a > fill , I would like the block to be opaque so the background doesn't > show through just on the block area .So what I need to know is > there anyway i can hatch the block with an opaque fill or something > to stop the background showing through ?
Message 7 of 8
GM1436

Thanks this does work , the only problem is I am working with 200 or so different street signs .Is there anyway to apply this to many signs at once ?
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Make it part of the block definition. If there are many blocks, then you will have to do each separately. Make sure to use DRAWORDER to place the wipeouts behind the objects you don't want obscured. -- Daniel J. Altamura, R.A. Altamura Architectural Consulting and SoftWorx, Autodesk Authorized Developer -------------------------------------------------------------------- "GM1436" wrote in message news:31554478.1107437014249.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks this does work , the only problem is I am working with > 200 or so different street signs .Is there anyway to apply this to > many signs at once ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost