Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One specific block ignored

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
tdemel
942 Views, 10 Replies

One specific block ignored

Hi,

I'm working with AutoCAD 2004 LT and I have the next issue:

I have a existing block where you can add text in when you double-click on it. I am trying to copy that block to another drawing (from model space to model space) but I always get this message:

Duplicate definition of block TEST ignored.

Now the weird part. The first time I copied it, it worked, but for other drawings I get this error message. I can copy all the other blocks and all the layers are the same (unlocked and viewable).

Things I have tried and didn't work:

- WBLOCK (if I insert the block, I can insert my data, but the block doesn't show up, no error message here, tough)

- explode, make group, ungroup, make a block from the block, change the name

- purge all

- copy with basepoint

What does seem to work is when I copy the block to a new made drawing, but I can't copy it from there (again tried all above). Also I can copy the block in the same drawing.

Now I'm running out of options, so someone has any idea where it is going wrong?

Greetings,

Tim

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
hwalker
in reply to: tdemel

What that message is telling you is that there is already a block in the target drawing called TEST, so it is ignoring the one you are copying from the clipboard and just using the one that is already there.

I'm not too sure if the following will work on LT 2004. I haven't used it for a long time

Click on Format

Click on Rename

It should come up with a dialog box on the left it has "Named Objects" and on the right it should have "Items"

Blocks should be highlighted. Now on the right highlight the block called TEST

At the bottom of the dialog box is a button with RENAME and a white textbox beside it. Put the new name in the white textbox and then click RENAME

You can now close the dialog box and you should be able to copy your block across now.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 11
tdemel

Thanks for the answer, but it isn't working. When I copy after rename, I get nothing, but the name returns in my block names.

I get this message after copying (not sure that it has something to do with it):

_pasteclip Substituting [simplex.shx] for [SASB____.pfb].

When I try again, I get again the message from the original post (ignored).

It seems that for some reason, he copies the block name, but not the block.

Message 4 of 11
hwalker

That message means it cannot find a font in your block so it's substituting it's own basic font for it.

Make sure that the SASB font is installed in your windows/fonts directory OR change the font in that block to one that is in your windows/fonts directory

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 11
tdemel

I don't think the font is the problem, because it worked before. Maybe a really stupid question, but how do you change the font of a whole block without exploding?

Message 6 of 11
pendean

In the current file, and all files the block resides in, you reassign the font in the STYLE being used.

To fix your block at the source (since it's got to come from somewhere.....) open that source file and change the STYLE setting to the font you want.

Message 7 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

This is two threads now with a .PFB font being substituted.

If these are Postscript Fonts could it be that they do need to be cleaned out and is the root cause of this problem and the other thread?

Message 8 of 11
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

You should always address missing and substituted content in a DWG file, not just rely on AutoCAD's masking of the problem as a cure: sadly, many users think they are "too busy" and end up hurting themselves with longer delays later.

Message 9 of 11
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:

You should always address missing and substituted content in a DWG file, not just rely on AutoCAD's masking of the problem as a cure: sadly, many users think they are "too busy" and end up hurting themselves with longer delays later.

Been there done that.

Well spoken Pendean, every word true. If you don't adress the problem at the source directly it will complicate things in the future.

Alot of companies don't realize that by trying to "save" time by masking the problems they infact end up loosing alot of time in the longrun.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 10 of 11
tdemel

How do you locate the original location of a block (I think that would solve my problem)? Because I think it's copied from somewhere else (I am just editing the drawings, so I don't know how the person before me did it).

Message 11 of 11
Charles_Shade

In that case you could not.

You could only update the Textstlye and the Block in your Drawing.

You could then use this to update other drawings with the same block by Insert and Update exisitng blocks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost