Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects disappearing when opening the drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pongo1111
772 Views, 4 Replies

Objects disappearing when opening the drawing

Hi, we are having a problem here at our office. this revolves around one file. When I open the file, some objects (text, hatch, lines - all different layers) disappear. This happens before any command is made, and the object that disappear are on layers that are active and not frozen on all viewports. Also, the rest of the objects on the layer are visable.  Other objects on these layers are visable, and the objects that disappeared are not visable on the model space or paper space. On top of that, when someone else opens the file, different objects turn invisable, and they can see the things I cant. The drawing takes about 5+ mins to load, dispite it being not a very large file. I tried purging unused items, reconciling layers, unhiding everything, freezing and unfreezing all layers and restarting autocad. 

Coincidentaly  the x-ref dwg is having a very similar issue.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
drjohn
in reply to: pongo1111

Have you tried to open the files with RECOVER rather than just OPEN?

Start with the XREF and recover it, then recover the top file, save both and then try to rebuild your drawing.

FWIW

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 5
pongo1111
in reply to: drjohn

Yes, I did recover the drawings. Unfortunately this did not work either.
Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade

Remove the XREF and then WBLOCK all content into a new File perhaps?

Message 5 of 5
braudpat

Hello

An other idea ...

Do you know if your "bad" XREF has beem created / edited by a AutoCAD CIVIL, Architectural, MEP, Mechanical, etc ...

Because with theses special AutoCADs you can get specific objects/entities and have some strange problems with Proxy Entities !?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost