Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Macro/Command

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
436 Views, 7 Replies

New Macro/Command

Hello everyone

I'm having trouble getting a new command to work,

•  I created a new command
  •  Gave it a name
  •  Inserted the macro

I would like to be able to type the command into the command line to make it work, but I don't know if I've missed something because it won't work, just comes up with "unknown command"

The only way I can make it work is via the tool bar were I've put a button for it, but tool bar drafting is too slow

The same happens if I modify a macro, it only works via the button

I'm using LT2010 on a Windows7 with all the bells and whistles turned off

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

I do not believe that you can modify a core Command of the program.

Nor add a core Command as this seems to be what you are asking.

I am interested in learning if a Macro can be called from the Command line or is that nothing more than a Script?

In one case I have modified the dimlinear Command to do certain things thru a Macro when invoked from a button. It would be interesting to give this a unique name and call it from the Command line.

Message 3 of 8
pendean

If you want to type the name of a custom command, you need full AutoCAD and learn to create LISP/ARX files.

CUI command only deals with menu/Ribbon/toolbar selections. That's it, that's it's sole function in AutoCAD and LT.

If you want to really learn obscure letter combos, the Windows feature of calling menubar commands by typing CTRL then the defined letter of a pulldown followed by the defined letter of a macro (and if you bury it, yet another letter) works in LT. But that's never caught on, gets old quickly, and any letter duplication forces you to come up with unusual selections:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms647553(v=vs.85).aspx#keyboard_access

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your time Charles and Dean, it would be great if the command line was connected to the cui...I'm going to do more research on this. I'll see if I can find the file that the command line looks at  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
AcadAdamLT

If i'm not mistaking I think you'll find it under your document and settings, something like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\adkr\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2012 - English\R17\enu\Support

The file your looking for I suspect is "Commands.ATC"

If it helped please let me know.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 6 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

I'm generally OK going in and changing Registry Settings and the like but I'm none too sure I would muck with that file.

Got any steps to follow to go with that advice?

Message 7 of 8
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Charles_Shade

The regular one, make a backup first... 😛

Other then that, none

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

commands.atc is an XML file, you would be risking a lot trying to edit it manually.It's a pointer for the ACTPCATALOGRES.DLL file, something else you should never manually edit either.

Neither file update with any user input or changes in the CUI, they only contain core commands OOTB.

CUI changes and edits are stored in the CUIx file, and it's "backup" the MNR extension file with the same name as the CUIx file.

And none of this does anything for the OP's primary wish.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost