Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License Manager for ACLT?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
gtwatson77459
4293 Views, 8 Replies

Network License Manager for ACLT?

Our group has 15 copies of ACLT 2006 and no subscription with Autodesk.  They are too old to get the reduced price upgrade so we would have to buy 15 new copies.  I use ACLT about 4 times per month and am the heaviest user.  The other 14 people use it once every 2 months.

Does Autodesk have an option where we could have a Network License Manager for 2 or 3 seats of concurrent use?  We rarely have more than one person using ACLT at one time so 2 or 3 seats would work fine.  I think the full AutoCAD version has a NLM but we don't need all the power of the full version.  We just do light CAD drafting and plotting of files. 

Lately our consultants send us newer DWG files that LT2006 can't open.  We are currently using DWG TrueView to save the new DWG's into a format LT2006 can read.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: gtwatson77459

"...so 2 or 3 seats would work fine..."

15 licenses of LT, no NLM=+/-$16,500 (list)

2-3 Licenses of AutoCAD, with NLM= +/-$8,000 - $12,000 (list)

Is there a minimum purchase for NLM functionality?

Message 3 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

I was thinking one seat and a dedicated computer for 7 +/- uses a month would be the way to go unless there is a need to use the program by all the employees at once.

Message 4 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

An even better idea: that PC can be shared in the office through (the totally free) Windows Remote Desktop Connection if they all want to avoid having to move and sit at a shared station once a month.

So now we are down to around $900 for one seat of LT (bought through retail stores online) plus a spare PC.

Message 5 of 9
Charles_Shade

Dean I think you and I should split the balance for consultation.

Message 6 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

$16,500

- $900

/ 2

I like it 🙂

Message 7 of 9
gtwatson77459

Yes, I had considered that solution (install one copy on a laptop) for the few times that one person gets a DWG in a new format and just keep on using ACLT 2006 for light sketching and drawing.

This brings up another question about LT2006.  We are now on WinXP 32 bit but want to transition to Win7-64bit.  This has probably been asked and answered several times but I am a lazy Engineer and wonder if LT2006 will run on the new 64bit windows?

Message 8 of 9
pendean
in reply to: gtwatson77459

Many have not had any issues except with updates that don't want to work in 64bit environments. I believe the Windows log-in will need to be in Administrator Profile. If you get Windows 7 Professional or higher you can use XP/Compatibility Mode to Install and run LT2006 and it's updates and patches.
Message 9 of 9

Thanks Dean.  We are just trying to get by on the least cost.  One of our other departments (Surveying) has a NLM for Autocad Civil 3D 2010 that they are willing to share based on our limited use and I have loaded it up but it is way different than the LT 2006 or ACAD2006 that I am used to using.

We want to try out SolidWorks or Solidedge to help visualize our steel designs and we don't want to spend lots of $$$ on ACLT 2011 for such limited use.  It would be nice if Autodesk would sell a NLM version of ACLT 2011 for $1250 per seat.  We could get 3 seats to be used by our 15 users.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost