Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery lines show up on PDF plot

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
corriere
2092 Views, 9 Replies

Mystery lines show up on PDF plot

I do shop drawings from files created by other firms.  Please see the attached drawing and pdf plot.  The column markers look fine in the drawing and in plot preview but the plot comes up with lines through the circles.  I have tried to replace them and manipulate them in a number of ways with no success.  I have also purged the drawing and removed everything to make sure there are no extra hidden layers or elements.  Can anyone figure out what the heck is going on?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: corriere

There are no lines through the circles in your PDF... . Am I missing the "problem"? or did you do something different?

Your circles have a mask, so if you are plotting with "Line Merge" turned on in your mystery ADOBE.PC3 file you are deliberately defeating the mask since you are telling the driver to show all the lines underneath. Decide which is more important (aka pick one, make a choice).

What's wrong with using the built-in DWG to PDF driver for PDF creation? Just curious.

Message 3 of 10
corriere
in reply to: pendean

Well I can't explain this pdf except that I swear the lines were there until I created this one to post and I'm so tired from overwork that I didn't notice they had miraculously disappeared. I appreciate the information on masking. I do not use the pdf converter because it does not allow me to easily change from color to black & white.
Message 4 of 10
bgingerich

Could it be a graphics issue? I can see a line through #4 circle on one monitor every time I open up the pdf, but not on the other. 

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 5 of 10
pendean
in reply to: bgingerich

That's an interesting problem for sure: seems the type of PDF viewer matters as well, see a quick test I just completed.

Message 6 of 10
pendean

For give me for the choice of words, not meant to be mean, but that's the "lazy" approach to get monochrome output since AutoCAD has, built-in as well as user-customizeable, the option to plot monochrome using plot style tables.

Message 7 of 10
corriere

I'm not sure what you mean by "graphics issue". Can you be more specific please? Rosemary
Message 8 of 10
bgingerich

I mean that your graphics card may not be playing nice.  Could you see this in any and all pdf's you made?  Did it print out this way? 

This poster had a similar situation.  Do any suggestions there help you?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2012/DWG-TO-PDF-False-Lines/m-p/3673562#M20065

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 9 of 10
corriere

This is exactly what I was getting in all column markers on the letter side and in the one column marker you show in your reply.  It seems to have rectified now (miraculously) but they kept appearing through more than 10 plots last night.

Message 10 of 10
corriere

Interesting.  This has never happened before.  I purchased a new ASUS laptop last month with the best graphics card they offer.  I have not been thrilled with the machine.  It's buggier (sorr,y that's the best word I can think of) than my old Dell.  I also just upgraded to Adobe Pro XI last week.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost