Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisheet PDFs in AutoCAD 2009LT

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jimsullivan2294
520 Views, 7 Replies

Multisheet PDFs in AutoCAD 2009LT

Hello,

I use 2009 LT at my current job. When I started a year ago, I downloaded CUTEPDF writer easily created multisheet pdfs that way. I could also use 2009 AutoCAD LT supplied 'DWG To PDF.pc3' printer in the page setup manager to do the same thing, but had problems with random 'things' on the pdf that weren't on my drawings with the latter.

Anyway, Just in the last few days I lost the ability to print any multisheets with CUTE or .pc3. I have been using the 'publish' command exactly the same way as in the past, but now I'm prompted to save each file individually. I'm trying to find out what is wrong, can you help?

Coincedentially(?), I just installed an 'update' from Autodesk about three days ago. TIA-jim 

I'm using  Windows XP SP3

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Click+Shift on a couple Layouts then right click on one of the highlighted Tabs.

Choose Publish and look in the upper right for Publish options.

Look at the Type in the second box.

Is this set for Multi-sheet?

BTW - The odd lines are a known issue. WBLOCK the drawing into a new file if this happens again.

You can explore more in the Print and Publish Forum.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Printing-and-Plotting/bd-p/30

Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply,

When I'm in the 'Publish' window and go to 'Publish Options', my only options listed are DWF options. Those are set up as Multi-sheet DWF. In the past, I have just highlighted all my sheets in the publish box and chosen 'PDF' for all my page setups. I have 'PDF' set up to print to my CUTE PDF 'printer'. It used to create multisheet pdf's flawlessly, now I am prompted for a name for each sheet and get 1 sheet per file. I hope I have explained things correctly

Thanks again -jim

PS: On a similar note, I have used the DWG to PDF.pc3 plotter the same way I have used the CUTEPDF plotter. It used to create multi-sheet pdfs and now that will only create 1 sheet per file as well.

Message 4 of 8

The attached is a 2013 Screen shot.

Does yours look like this?

ScreenShot.jpg

It could also be in the CutePDF settings as well. Something may have changed there.

Message 5 of 8

Mine looks like this: I only have dwf options, nothing pdf related. none of the dropdown menus are helpful, eitheruntitled.JPG

I have Autocad 2010 @ home and have the PDF options like you show. All of my publish options in 2009 center around the dwf's. My 'workaround' was to install CUTEPDF and printed to PDF. I just assumed that LT thought it was printing multiple sheets to a plotter and CUTE PDF was compiling them into one file for me. Now for some reason the same publish process that I have used in the past results in single sheet pdfs.

I'd like to blame CUTE, but I have the same problem with the 'dwg to pdf.pc3' plotter that came with 2009lt; It used to print multipage pdfs, but that process also makes single sheet pdfs as well. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CUTE to no avail.

thanks for you time- I appreciate it. -jim 

Message 6 of 8
pendean
in reply to: jimsullivan2294

Your 2009 setup changed somehow if this is truly different from when you used it last: what does your office PC report as having changed when this broke?

What about IT in the office?

2010 was a dramatic improvement over 2009 in Publish: don't compare apples and oranges.

If all else fails, a removal and reinstall will be the final thing to try: ensure you backup all of your customizations first.

Message 7 of 8

Thanks for the replies,

I was kind of suspicious that the 'update' might be the problem, but didn't want to deal with re-licensing aspect of a clean install. Anyway, somewhere along the line, I stubbled across some information stating that the updates themselves could be uninstalled from the add/remove programs list.

I uninstalled that update and am back to normal. Multi-sheet pdfs are printing again and I am happy again! Yea!

good luck -jim

Message 8 of 8

You may mark your own solution as the Solution if you wish.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost