Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mtext rotates while editing

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
thomgillott
3406 Views, 8 Replies

Mtext rotates while editing

Can any tell me why some Mtext rotates when I double click on it to edit it in AutoCad LT 2013?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: thomgillott

Rotate while editing (then go back)?

Or rotate and remain as such when you are done editing?

The former is a setting that is turned on: MTEXTFIXED variable explained in HELP. The later I'm unsure of and you may have to post a DWG file for someone to look at.

Message 3 of 9
thomgillott

It is the former. Rotates while editing and remains as such.

Message 4 of 9
SAF2010

thomgillott

I am working in AutoCad LT 2013 as well and I am experiencing the same issue (mtext rotates while editing and stays rotated from its original "0" position). I have searched around forums most have said to use MTEXTED system variable, but I have not had any luck fixing this specific issue with that variable. The only command that has been successful w/o rotating the text, but is a long side step to the problem and not a solution. Is using modify -> object -> text -> edit. Anyone else have any insight? thomgillott any update on your issue? Thanks.

Message 5 of 9
pendean

MTEXTFIXED variable: but what is your MTEXTED variable set to?
Is your UCS rotated?
This happens in all files?
Message 6 of 9
SAF2010
in reply to: pendean

Currently my MTEXTED variable is set to "internal". I tested the other option of "oldeditor" and I tried setting the MTEXTFIXED to "0, 1 & 2". None of these options changed anything.

UCS is set to "world".

Happens in different files, but not all. Was thinking it might be old mtext created from an earlier version possibly.

Thanks for the help.

Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: SAF2010

MTEXTFIXED, the one that controls what you describe, may be what you can try next.

>>....but not all....<<

You might consider sharing one of those files, perhaps something else is going on.

Message 8 of 9
agentornge75
in reply to: pendean

this fixed what I was looking for. Thank you sir.
Message 9 of 9
Riaz.Kamalie
in reply to: SAF2010

Works well, but to circumvent those long steps, go to toolbars, look for textedit and drag that menu to your side menus. It comes up as a question mark sign.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost