Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mtext - caps lock problem

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
spitz
9548 Views, 7 Replies

Mtext - caps lock problem

Odd behavior lately while using MTEXT in 2004LT in XP--my caps lock toggles ON whenever I am in the text editor, and back OFF again when I exit it. Holding caps or shift allows me to get lowercase letters, but it is really slow and annoying. I could do a fresh install of LT, but I am very busy this week. Any ideas?

Oh, and this is the only other reference I could find to the problem anywhere: http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=490675
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: spitz

Right click in the Mtext window and uncheck "AutoCaps" -- Chip Harper Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

It's actually not a problem to many people. You can turn AutoCAPS on once and then forget about hitting your caps lock when you want to enter AutoCAD text and hitting it again when you want normal typing. -- David Byrnes/Vancouver BC AutoDesk Discussion Group Facilitator "spitz" wrote in message news:19393284.1078343313265.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > Odd behavior lately while using MTEXT in 2004LT in XP--my caps lock toggles ON whenever I am in the text editor, and back OFF again when I exit it. Holding caps or shift allows me to get lowercase letters, but it is really slow and annoying. I could do a fresh install of LT, but I am very busy this week. Any ideas? > > Oh, and this is the only other reference I could find to the problem anywhere: http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=490675
Message 4 of 8
spitz

Thank you so much guys, I knew there was probably an easy solution.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Your Welcome :-) -- Chip Harper Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 6 of 8
TJKawaguchi
in reply to: Anonymous

This is a really old post, but it's still helping people.  Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TJKawaguchi

Three years later (it's 2019 now) and this post is still helping people.

Message 8 of 8
jparasYCCYS
in reply to: Anonymous

This just helped me too! Thank you!

Double clicked into my mtext box and then right clicked. I'm using 2020 and the option was All CAPS.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost