Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mtext Width Factor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
marchitect_nc
604 Views, 5 Replies

Mtext Width Factor

In LT 2009 where do I find the setting to adjust the width factor for a selected portion of Mtext that I want to edit?
In LT07 it was on the tool bar at the top but I cannot find it on or in the ribbon. What am I missing?

Thanks,
mg
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Also if I highlight the portion of Mtext I want to edit, then the multiline text tab opens in the ribbon, but the width factor adjustment box isn't there.

Did something change?

Thanks,
mg
Message 3 of 6

"Width factor" is on the right end of the mtext editor's bar in '08.
"Defined width" is for mtext, if this what you're asking about, can be set via the properties palette or by dragging the right end of the ruler in the mtext editor.
Message 4 of 6

For Mtext I usually use a width factor of 1 for most occurrences. Every once in a while the text will not fit in a particular area so I adjust the width factor which compresses the letters a bit.

But LT 2009 isn't letting me do that.
Nor will it give me the "fit" option for mtext justification. It's evidently not there.
At least that would allow me to drag the grips and make the errant piece of mtext fit the space.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
mg
Message 5 of 6

Oops, sorry about the "fit" option. That only worked for trxt, not mtext.

But mtext still had the "width factor" adjustment for editing existing mtext which I cannot find in LT09.

mg
Message 6 of 6

I found it!

When you highlight the mtext and the tab opens in the ribbon, the 'formatting' box has a little corner arrow that gives access to the width factor box.

mg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost