Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? Move 2015 LT to a different computer

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
k_lal00
3881 Views, 6 Replies

? Move 2015 LT to a different computer

I purchased and installed 2015 LT on my desktop computer in May.  I have now realized I need it on my laptop instead of the desktop computer. I know how to uninstall software, but will I be able to reinstall it on the laptop? Is there any special steps I need to take in order to complete this process?

Thanks

Kris

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: k_lal00

Theres a tool provided to transfer the license, although performance is a little dodgy.  If not, then you will need to activate the license on the new computer the same as the old one (you might be asked for additional information as part of the activation process if you have activated that license several times already).  For what its worth, you are allowed to use the same license for the two computers provided you don't use them at the same time.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 7
k_lal00
in reply to: dgorsman

Unfortunately, I have a "desktop subscription" and when I try to use the license transfer utility, it returns a message indicating "License Transfer is not supported" "the license you are trying to export is associated with a license model that does not support license transfers"

Is there another way to move the program?
Message 4 of 7
dgorsman

Just re-install and activate as usual.  You might have to confirm activation with AutoDesk just to ensure you are obeying the license guidelines.  Be polite and concise (they understand these things happen) and you will be on your way in short order.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 7
k_lal00
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank you.  I have downloaded and installed the trial version, as recommended by an Autodesk support rep.  I can start the program, but it asks for a serial number AND  a product key.  I have a serial number, but not a product key.  I assume this is because I purchased a "desktop subscription"  Regardless, I still need to get the program running on the laptop now.

I have submitted an help request to autodesk as well.

I need to make sure it is working on the laptop, before I remove it from the desktop...

thank you

Message 6 of 7
Albert_Rius

Hi, here you can find the product key for all Autodesk products:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Albert Rius
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
k_lal00
in reply to: Albert_Rius

Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost