Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify REVDATE block

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
sfrim
353 Views, 10 Replies

Modify REVDATE block

I was using LT2002 and just moved to LT2005. In 2002 I was able to redefine the REVDATE block to only include the DATE. It was wonderful. When I bring in an old drawing into 2005 the revdate command produces a combination of both my old revdate block and the one automatically generated by the revdate command. How can I default to my more simple revdate block that only has the DATE information in it.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: sfrim

The block changed in LT2004 and higher: you will have to modify and install the new one in all your files. Explore PLOTSTAMP as an alternate if it meets your needs. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 3 of 11
sfrim

Where can I find the block? I looked for revdate.dwg and could not find it in the autocad directories?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

It's created on the fly when you start the command. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 5 of 11
sfrim

I just created a new drawing, Used the revdate command. I then exploded the block, removed the user and filename attribute - reblocked it. When I issued the command again. It included all 3 attributes and put them one ontop of another. Is there a way to accomplish what I want?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Like Dean said: the block is created anew every time you run the REVDATE command. Unless you have the means to re-write the REVDATE command, you'll have to live with it. ___ "sfrim" wrote in message news:2454800.1107456205513.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >I just created a new drawing, Used the revdate command. I then exploded >the block, removed the user and filename attribute - reblocked it. When I >issued the command again. It included all 3 attributes and put them one >ontop of another. Is there a way to accomplish what I want?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 18:42:54 GMT, sfrim wrote: >I just created a new drawing, Used the revdate command. I then exploded the block, removed the user and filename attribute - reblocked it. When I issued the command again. It included all 3 attributes and put them one ontop of another. Is there a way to accomplish what I want? When placed in a drawing, that block must have the name REVDATE or TITLE_BLOCK. It is not necessary to keep the layers that the default block is created with. The attributes can be on any layer and use any text style. The only things that are important are the attribute names and the block name.
Message 8 of 11
patrick.arnold

Explode the REVDATE block and modify the attributes with modify properties. The USER and FNAME can be set to invisible if you go to the misc section of the properties list. Make a new REVDATE block.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:43:53 +0000, Patrick Arnold <> wrote:

>Explode the REVDATE block and modify the attributes with modify properties. The USER and FNAME can be set to invisible if you go to the misc section of the properties list. Make a new REVDATE block.

If you don't want a particular attribute, just delete it.

--

Regards,

Ian A. White, CPEng.

| /| / WAI Engineering
| /_| / Sydney 2000
|/ |/ Australia

www.wai.com.au

mailto:ianwhite@wai.com.au

callto://waiwhite on Skype
Message 10 of 11
patrick.arnold

As Sfrim says earlier in the thread, this doesn't work with REVDATE in LT2005 as the command will reinstate FNAME and USER if they are not there. That's why I suggest making them invisible.
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:00:23 +0000, Patrick Arnold <> wrote:

>As Sfrim says earlier in the thread, this doesn't work with REVDATE in LT2005 as the command will reinstate FNAME and USER if they are not there. That's why I suggest making them invisible.

Fair enough. I did not catch the earlier post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost