AutoCAD LT General

boydgrossii
Message 1 of 13 (196 Views)

Migrate custom settings issue with icons

196 Views, 12 Replies
03-25-2013 08:12 AM

I'm working with some clients and I, myself, am rather new to AutoCAD.  We are using AutoCAD LT 2010.  I found, in this forum, how to export custom settings.  We exported settings and then imported them on a new computer.  All seemed well with one minor exception:

He mentioned that every thing exported as far as window settings go, but within each applet (I'm not sure what it's called when you replace the ribbon with drawing applets), some of the icons weren't in the location where he had it.  He reported that his copy icon was in the location that his "Cut" icon was.  I hope I'm describing all of this properly.

I wanted to see how to get these settings as well.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 13 (193 Views)

Re: Migrate custom settings issue with icons

03-25-2013 08:17 AM in reply to: boydgrossii

Assuming you've dont it correctly, do they simply need to reload their preferred WORKSPACE insiade AutoCAD?

Otherwise, you need to specifically migrate their customized CUIx file and any associates custom BMP image files they may have created, then load it in LT2010 on the new PC inside AutoCAD using CUILOAD command to replace the default CUIx file.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
boydgrossii
Message 3 of 13 (191 Views)

03-25-2013 08:22 AM in reply to: pendean

Where would I find those files?  Would it be something I do using that export that I did before, or would I copy those files from one computer to the next by going to the directory and locating them?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 13 (183 Views)

03-25-2013 08:47 AM in reply to: boydgrossii

If you still have the 'old' PC, start AutoCAD, then start OPTIONS command, look in the FILES tab under Customization Files>>Main Customization File to find the user's CUIx menu file and it's location.

Same procedure on the 'new' PC: if both are one and the same file then rename the one you find on the new PC for safe keeping and location the copied CUIx file here. Restart AutoCAD and activate the user's WORKSPACE.

boydgrossii
Message 5 of 13 (170 Views)

03-25-2013 09:28 AM in reply to: pendean

I found the file.  It pointed to only one.  I copied it over (after renaming the file and such).  How do I activate the workspace?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 13 (167 Views)

03-25-2013 09:32 AM in reply to: boydgrossii

WORKSPACE command inside AutoCAD, follow the prompts.

boydgrossii
Message 7 of 13 (162 Views)

03-25-2013 09:50 AM in reply to: pendean

I used that WORKSPACE to "SEtcurrent" to the one he is using on the old pc.  I can't be for sure that it worked until he returns.  Until then, Thank you so much.

Now, if this didn't work, what did I miss?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 8 of 13 (157 Views)

03-25-2013 10:00 AM in reply to: boydgrossii

Ask the user to help you identify what else is missing (if you both can be at the old and new PC to identify the items) than come back with the extra details I'm sure we can figure it out.

boydgrossii
Message 9 of 13 (150 Views)

03-25-2013 11:28 AM in reply to: pendean

Awesome!  I will do so when he returns.  Thank you.

boydgrossii
Message 10 of 13 (141 Views)

03-25-2013 01:58 PM in reply to: pendean

Here's a screenshot.  I highlighted (with unparalleled craftsmanship) a couple areas he mentioned.  He said that one area should be "zoom" instead of undo and the other one was material properties (I believe) instead of block properties.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community