Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mask Block / Trim Line

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Piotrowski99
1084 Views, 2 Replies

Mask Block / Trim Line

I currently use Autocad full, however we need to add a user to our company and to save costs are looking at adding AcadLT. I've downloaded a trial and I'm playing around trying to get our custom menu's, macro's etc to work. For the most part, everything is working. However, some of these custom buttons contain LISP's and I need a work around.

Example - Using Autocad Full, I insert a valve onto a line. The valve comes on the correct layer, at the right size based on a set user variable (I set the user variables by a pull down that list's our different scales. Clicking on each scale inserts a prototype drawing that has different values for USERR1 to USERR5.) When inserting it also trims the line to suit the size of the block that is scaled up based on the variable set.

For Autocad LT I have no problem getting the prototypes pull down working, having the blocks come in on the correct layer and the correct size, however I cannot find a way to have the block trim into the line.

From what I understand is that the only work around for this is have a mask on the block. I believe I have to adjust each block to make this work? How does this affect drawing size and speed? We could have 100/200+ valves or symbols requiring this mask per drawing.

Does anyone know of an alternate way to get this to work? I'd prefer to trim the line somehow.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Piotrowski99

Other than the time it will take you properly add the masking (after you thoroughly test), there should be no impact unless you are running AutoCAD/LT on a subpar system.

What's your chosen method of masking? Try them all.
Message 3 of 3
Piotrowski99
in reply to: Piotrowski99

I spent some time yesterday converting some items over with a wipeout in the back of the valve. It works better than trimming. If I erase a valve I dont have to worry about the old trimmed lines. Also, if I shift a valve or insert into a shorter line it wont affect the line dash or text. Sometimes when trimming in on shorter lines it would get rid of all dashes or text etc that defined the line, it would appear continuous on either side of the valve. I don't have that issue now.

Think I'll convert my Acad Full to work this way. Glad I looked into this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost