Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many Peramiters for Dimension Properties not showing in Porperties Palette

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
auhrig
1335 Views, 8 Replies

Many Peramiters for Dimension Properties not showing in Porperties Palette

I recently had to reinstall my AutoCAD LT 2008 and now when I open the properties palette to make adjustments to dimensions and fine tune, many peramiters that used to be visible are no longer there and accessible.  I used to be able to adjust the dimscale as needed in the properties window, but can't now.  How do I get it back???

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: auhrig

Do you just need to expand the header in PROPERTIES after you select a dimension?
Or is PROPERTIES reporting NO SELECTION? YOur post is very light on usable details.

Message 3 of 9
auhrig
in reply to: pendean

No, All that shows when in the propertes box when I have a dimension selected is "General", "Plot Style", "View", and "Misc.".  All of the Dimension Style Categories used to show in the Properties Box, such as "Fit" for example, and "Text".  Now none of those show in Properties...

Message 4 of 9
pendean

See attached, it refers to my last question whuch was not answered.

Also, did you migrate from an older version? have an add-on installed?

Do you just need to maximize the program window?

Message 5 of 9
auhrig

Attached is a screen shot.  It does say no selection in the red box you have highlighted, but it doesn't give me any alternative.  As you can see I have a dimension string selected.  I did not migrate from an older version or have an add-on installed.  I have the program window maximized to the full screen.  I had to reinstall my operating system and reinstalled from my AutoCAD LT 2008 disk. 

Message 6 of 9
pendean

No Selection means just that: PROPERTIES is not recognizing your selection. What did you think it meant? Just curious.

You need to reinstall LT after you turn off whatever application you have that ran a Windows Registry Cleaner Tool as that destroyed LT's PROPERTIES from working.
Message 7 of 9
auhrig

**Edited by moderator due to Community Rules and Etiquette.**

Of course, I knew that it wasn't recognizing it, it's because it wasn't recognizing it and needing to know how to fix it that I posted the question.  I'm not an idiot and have been working with CAD for over 5 years now. 

Message 8 of 9
pendean

No need to get mad at me because you failed to mention a ciritical and important reason why the command failed for your at your PC in front of your eyes for us way over here with no access to your desktop.

Glad you know what it meant: why did you fail to tell evgeryone here about it until someone asked and pointed it out as a possible problem? Why can you not share 'everything' when you encounter a problem?

So I guess that was the fix, a repair reinstall of LT and turning off your Windows Registry Cleaner application. Glad it worked.

Message 9 of 9
Garyp274X8

I had same thing with R-2023, then I saw the issue, the TEXT was collapsed , clicked the arrow at right. Solved my issue. I don't remember if I had collapsed it a while back, but was annoying.

Garyp274X8_0-1687279251410.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost