Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing PDF Underlays 2012LT

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
moe4082
2548 Views, 5 Replies

Managing PDF Underlays 2012LT

I am having trouble managing a PDF underlay once I have inserted it into my drawing.  If I move either the underlay file or the dwg file, it loses the reference cannot find a way to update the path.  A co-worker with 2011 LT can manage his underlays using the external reference manager.  My Xref manager does not display the PDF underlays in the list of references, so I can't use that tool to update the file path.  I have also tried manually chainging the file path in the properties box, but that doesn't work either.  It is a locked value and I cannot select it to edit.

I have tried inserting a pdf underlay with all three (Full Path, Relative Path, and No Path) path types, and still nothing shows up in the Xref manager.

Is there some setting turned off somewhere?  I cannot find an Xref Manager options, display options, etc....

Any other suggestions to brute force the path?

Anyone else having a similar problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: moe4082

Since nothing changed with reference commands and pop-ups between 2011 and 2012: do both of the pop ups even look alike as you look at both screens?
It would appear you and them are not using the same exact command.
Message 3 of 6
moe4082

The pop up screens do not look alike.  The pop-up window on the 2011 LT has buttons on the left top and right top.  There are buttons on the top left that allow him to select which types of references he wants to manage, a refresh button, and a help button.  In the upper right corner, there are the buttons to toggle between tree view and list view.

My manager only has two button on the top left to toggle between tree view and list view.

We are using the same command sequence - "Insert"--->"External References..."

I opened the CUI and both commands for the "External References..." icon are the same.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Yours is describing CLASSICXREF command, the old pop-up that's still around in 2011 and 2012.

At the command line, type this (including the period/dot at the beginning as part of the name):

.EXTERNALREFERENCES

Now do your pop-ups look alike?

Message 5 of 6
moe4082

That command ended up working.  It seems that having my SDI set to 1 was the root of the problem.  I don't keep a visible command line, and never saw the warning until today.

Apparently working with an SDI of 1 will not allow the external reference manager to function, so it substitutes the classic external reference manager.

I often work on multiple drawings on multiple screens so I really need to keep my SDI at 1.  Any way around this or am I forever stuck switching the SDI when I need to manage a PDF underlay?  Fixing it to work in both SDI modes in the next service pack would be much appreciated.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

I never use SDI, sorry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost