Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro for changing layers

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
981 Views, 7 Replies

Macro for changing layers

I'm working in AC 2014LT. I a getting refreshed with AC after being out of the game for 5 years. 

I am looking to take a drawing with its own layers and cnahge them over to the layers I want them to be on. I realize they are some easy steps to do this, but I am doing it often and am attempting to build a button(macro) to do a bunch of steps in one click. My problem lays with trying to select one individual layer to change over to another layer.

I have the second part worked out. ^C^C(the part I need);_CHPROPS; layer;(new layer name);

I can get the objects to change over using the second part of this macro. I need to be able to tell ac to pick layer 2 and change props to dims, then pick layer 4 and change it to weld and so on. 

I have hit the wall for now, and am looking for a spark to ignite me through to the next part. 

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Does LT 2014 contain the LAYTRANS command? I know earlier versions did not, but they do keep adding functionality each year.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Unless its name has changed, there is not a laytrans command.

Message 4 of 8
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

I have an ACAD LT 2012 on my current PC : NO LAYTRANS command !

I am almost sure that this command has not been added to ACAD LT 2013 or LT 2014 ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
pendean

LAYMRG command to merge one or many layers into another. Not available as a macro but way more efficient and accurate that CHPROP or much else in LT.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I cant seem to get laymrg to work consistantly. I know its a user input error, but I have to figure out what it is that is making it not work more than 1 in 10 times.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

What exactly is the issue? Seems to work quite well here all the time.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

PEBKAC. I am using laymrg exclusively now.

PEBKAC ("Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair")

Thanks for the guidance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost