AutoCAD LT General

Valued Contributor
gcCad
Message 11 of 14 (113 Views)

Re: MText titles & columns

03-16-2013 10:08 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

I am helping set up standard sheets and so on, and want to be able to easily put the general notes and similar things on different size sheets. Also different localities want different things on the cover sheet, so things can change.

Having the boilerplate in MText allows me to resize it and the columns will adjust nicely. I just wanted to be able to have the title for a section be in it's own space above the body of the text so that the title would always be part of the same block.

But I will just have the title be a separate MText block, that way I can lower the body of the text and still have the columns work well.

Thanks,

GChapp

*Expert Elite*
hwalker
Message 12 of 14 (98 Views)

03-18-2013 01:52 AM in reply to: gcCad

How about doing it this way.

Put s set of tsbs in your mtext box where you want your "columns to be" and if you don't want tabs on certain lines, just highlght the text where you don't want the tabs and remove them.

Valued Contributor
gcCad
Message 13 of 14 (90 Views)

03-18-2013 07:04 AM in reply to: hwalker

I assume you meant "tabs". I know what you mean, when I want tabbed spaces I do that.

What I find very useful is the dynamic columns, where you can fit the text object to different vertical distances and it will dynamically adjust the number of columns. This is useful for me when I put the same body of text on different size sheets, things like that. I don't have to re-type or anything, just resize to fit. But I wanted the title of this body of text to remain above the columns, and to do that I need to make it a separate object it seems.

Thanks,

GChapp

Mentor
Nik-D
Message 14 of 14 (70 Views)

03-19-2013 07:03 AM in reply to: gcCad

Why not put all the text that you want into a separate drawing and XREF it in?? That way you can edit all sheets at once and the text is grouped how you like

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community