Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MLeader styles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gccdesign
399 Views, 4 Replies

MLeader styles

Using ACAD LT 2009. Update 3.

I've tried some of the settings for the mleader text placement.

I'm trying to get the text to sit on top of a horizontal line. And an angled leader from the horizontal line to the object I am describing, ending in a dot.

All this is working fine, the lines, dot, etc. It's set for straight, not spline. And max. 2 leader points. All works as I want here.

What isn't working well is the text placement. I am able to have the text be horizontal, this works. But I can't get it to have the text above the horizontal line. I can set the leader connection to underline top line, or underline bottom line, or underline all text. These 3 choices seem sort of retarded. The first two put the text right on the line with no space. Doesn't look good. The third choice puts the text a bit above the line, looks perfect, except that there is now an additional line below the horizontal leader line, and that looks dumb.

Am I missing something? Has this feature matured more in later versions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sthompson1021
in reply to: gccdesign

Hi all, I know this is an old thread but it never got a response and I was hoping maybe something had been updated in a newer release of autocad. I am using 2013, both full and lt and I still can't find any setting to adjust the space between the text and the underline. Has anyone out there come up with a  idea on how to fix this?

thanks,

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: sthompson1021

No such setting exists: that's a font definition. You can create your own SHX font in full AutoCAD (see help for details), or third party software to code your own TTF font (or find a converter or font-design services like the one at tcfonts.com)

Message 4 of 5
sthompson1021
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the answer, not the one I was hoping for but helpfull anyway. I just started working with full autocad so I know I have lots to learn. I'll explore making my own font. I think I know the answer but I'll ask anyway. If I do get the look I want on the underlined text, can I use that mleader style in Lt too?

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: sthompson1021

Yes, both programs can share the same SHX custom fonts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost