Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Plotter feedback

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
264 Views, 7 Replies

Looking for Plotter feedback

All,

Looking for a decent small office 24" plotter.  Currently looking at the HP 510, HP T790 and the Canon iPF650.  Not really doing any color plots and I don't want to wait more that a minute for a plot.  I was looking at the HP T1100 but I have seen to much negative feeback on it.

Will be plotting from AutoCad LT10 on Vista

Thanks for the help

Vince

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Quite partial to my Designjet 800 but would not mind something faster.

Another place to ask:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Printing-and-Plotting/bd-p/30

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 8
drjohn
in reply to: Anonymous

FYI .... In my experience, HP Designjet (DJ 500C here)  plotters do not play well OOTB with ACAD (at least not with 2012).  The drivers with the plotter cause random crashes. Others have experienced this also ... search the forum for more info.  Drivers need to be changed from the installation disc to a "universal driver".

It works quite well now but it took me an 85$ Tech support phone call to ADESK and a free half hour call to HP to get it squared away. Skip the adesk phone call.  Go straight to the correct end of the horse at HP.  Smiley Very Happy

Regards,

DJ

Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: drjohn

Don't recall any problem here going from '05, to '08, to '11 to, '12.

XP OS though.

Are you running Win 7 drjohn? 64 or 32?

Message 5 of 8
drjohn
in reply to: Charles_Shade

@Charles_Shade wrote:

Don't recall any problem here going from '05, to '08, to '11 to, '12.

XP OS though.

Are you running Win 7 drjohn? 64 or 32?

2012LT, Win7 x64, AERO disabled and hardware acceleration enabled.Nvidia Quadro 600

The issue happened on both of the LT boxes here and the "universal driver" solved the issue.

Since my box is the plotter server I  a$$-u-me d  that reinstalling the driver on my box would solve the issue but the new driver had to be installed on both boxes.

Regards,

DJ

[edit]

Don't mis-understand my warning.  The DJ 500C is a fine plotter and I like it very much.  Just a heads-up about the driver issue.

[/edit]

DJ

Message 6 of 8
Charles_Shade

Try getting a Win 7 machine to use a printer networked to an XP machine. Sucks.

I haven't had to work with the Win 7 drivers. Just one of the reasons I don't want to go to Win 7.

Message 7 of 8
drjohn

Missed the part about a B/W plotter and not wanting to wait so my warning is moot.

If you only want B/W and  don't want to wait more than a minute for the plot you better go electro-static.

Regards,

DJ

Message 8 of 8
drjohn
in reply to: Charles_Shade

@Charles_Shade wrote:

Try getting a Win 7 machine to use a printer networked to an XP machine. Sucks.

I haven't had to work with the Win 7 drivers. Just one of the reasons I don't want to go to Win 7.

My home network has 2 boxes on XP, 2 on Win7 32 bit Ultimate and one on Win7 64 bit Home and one Linux all hooked to a Brother laser printer, a Brother Fax/Scanner/Printer and a Canon Photoprinter all served from the Linux box.  I also have no braincells left.

I actually like Win7 but don't tell Micro$oft.  Smiley Wink

Regards,

DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost