Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock/Unlock Viewport

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
KristinLindberg
12418 Views, 4 Replies

Lock/Unlock Viewport

I have 102 layout tabs and many more to come on this project. Each layout tab is a different scale (I know, awesome, right?). Is there a quick way to lock/unlock the viewport? I'm ctrl+dragging to create new layouts and it's simply annoying to click the little lock button to change the scale. (**** first world problems.)

Tried messing with the hotkeys but I can't even get F1 to disappear with LT like I can with full version.

AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 SP2
AutoCAD 2013 SP2
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: KristinLindberg

-VPORTS command, ALL selection option, should catch and do whatever you want in a layout.

Make it a right-click or experiment with making it a keyboard shortcut key in CUI command, or a button somewhere 🙂

Message 3 of 5
KristinLindberg
in reply to: pendean

Just saw this reply, not sure why I didn't see it until now. That would work great if I needed all the vports to be the same scale, but I'm "simply" looking for a keyboard shortcut the locks/unlocks the viewports, I haven't been able to find it within the CUI.

I'm just looking for a way to do this via keyboard becuse I rarely use the mouse <GASP> and prefer to use command line as much as possible.

Seems like I'm going to end up customizing ACAD to "spoiled brat" from vanilla, haha.

AutoCAD 2013 SP2
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: KristinLindberg

You are posting in the LT forum, where customized keyboard 'commands' as you describe are not available.
If you are using LT as well, guess what? If you are not, you really posted in the wrong forum.

But if you want to create a button in LT, the macro above can be modified to select viewports manually: look up MVIEW command as well, it's lock sub-option lets you manually select viewport(s) to lock. In full AutoCAd, this could be easily converted to a Lisp to type instead.

It all boils down to you knowing how commands work, and which commands work for your exact needs: simply hunting without knowing what you are looking at makes customizations difficult.

Tap HELP (GASP) and start to learn your commands, what they can and cannot do 🙂

Message 5 of 5
KristinLindberg
in reply to: pendean

I'm very familiar with commands. After looking into this more (and after a switch from LT2010 to ACAD-Mechanical 2013) I am much happier 🙂
AutoCAD 2013 SP2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost