Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype Scale not compatible between two drawings

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
GJWS&W
2652 Views, 14 Replies

Linetype Scale not compatible between two drawings

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2007 and have a problem with linetype between two drawings. I have a standard key which I use on a number of drawings, problem is when I copy from my original file (in model space) to paper space on another drawing the linetype isn't viewed the same.

I've set LTSCALE to 1. PSLTSCALE to 0, Global scale factor to 1 in both files but still no joy. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Charles_Shade
in reply to: GJWS&W

Make sure the definition of the Linetype is the same by Loading the linetype again into the problem drawing.

Also, are you making the Paperspace viewport Active when setting PSLTSCALE?

Message 3 of 15
pendean

Also ensure you are not copying between a metric and an imperial drawing: each uses a different .LIN definition file and the scales are different.

Message 4 of 15
GJWS&W

I've tried re-loading the linetype in the problem drawing but this does not alter it in any way.

When i'm copying the key into the new drawing I am simply dropping it onto the drawing sheet template rather than placing it in a viewport.

Message 5 of 15
GJWS&W

Dean

Would that be by simply checking the drawing units? If so I have done this.

Message 6 of 15
pendean

MEASUREMENT variable.

Post this file, point to the linetype in question, let's all have a look.

Message 7 of 15
KateMorricalTowne

Does the linetype have text in it? If so, is the style the same in both drawings?

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 8 of 15
GJWS&W
in reply to: pendean

Attached are the 2 files with everything else stripped out;

'Drainage Key' is how I want it to be seen, view this in MS and Ps and note they are the same.

'Problem Drawing' shows the lines i'm having problems with (clouded), linetype dashed.

I want to copy the 'drainage key' into a number of drawings in future as a standard.

MEASUREMENT was '1' for both drawings.

Thanks

Message 9 of 15
GJWS&W
in reply to: KateMorricalTowne

Kate

No, simple dashed line. Refer to the attachments in my previous post.....thanks!

Message 10 of 15
KateMorricalTowne

From over here, it looks like the DASHED linetype in those files does not have the same definition. You can tell by looking at the size of the dashes in the linetype pulldown. Neither also *appear* to be out-of-the-box standard, but I wouldn't swear to that.

Either purge out the DASHED linetype from your problem drawing before you paste in the correct one, or identify the LIN file your correct type comes from and reload DASHED from there in your problem drawing.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 11 of 15
pendean

Interesting: when I reload all the linetypes from the stock AutoCAD iso.lin file all your linetypes disappear, in both files.

Changing the assigned LINETYPE SCALE of all the lines to 1 and lowering your LTSCALE from 1 seems to make both files behave normally.

Message 12 of 15
GJWS&W
in reply to: KateMorricalTowne

Kate

Your 1st solution has worked, thanks! I will re-work the key so it uses the standard dashed linetype. The non-standard one must have been inheritted from some old drawing.....

Thanks for all your help guys......Gavin

Message 13 of 15
GJWS&W
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean

The linetypes must have been take from an old drawing which used non-standard linetypes. I'll revert to the AutoCAD stock linetypes from now on and not bother you all again!!! Thanks for your help.......

Message 14 of 15
Charles_Shade

Hmmm, funny the first thought was to Load the linetype again.

Got to figure out how to say that in another way I guess.

Message 15 of 15
arezoofirouzghalb

Hi

When you select linetype, go to the other then select your line type and click show details button, match the Global Scale Factor in two drawings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost