Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Type Scales

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
313 Views, 4 Replies

Line Type Scales

Hi Guys,
I am having a small problem with line type scales. When i am using dashed lines and i am in model space, i set the scale so i can clearly see that the lines are in fact dashed. But when I go into Paper Space I can no longer see that the lines are dashed.
Is there a way I can set up drawing that will show these details in both formats.

Hope Its clear what I am asking

Kind Regards

Michael
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Check PSLTSCALE . Value should be 0.

Ric Norris.

wrote in message news:5712151@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi Guys,
I am having a small problem with line type scales. When i am using dashed
lines and i am in model space, i set the scale so i can clearly see that the
lines are in fact dashed. But when I go into Paper Space I can no longer see
that the lines are dashed.
Is there a way I can set up drawing that will show these details in both
formats.

Hope Its clear what I am asking

Kind Regards

Michael
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I am having the same problem with the linetypes not being viewed the same in Paper & Model space. I have set the PSLTSCALE to 0, but it has not fixed the problem. Did this fix your problem, what are some of your other settings ?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

LTSCALE is?
a REGENALL is also required after the PSLTSCALE is changed.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I'm not sure what you mean by scale, either LTSCALE, DIMSCALE and the line's Linetype scale property.
But for what it's worth, here's what I do.

I leave the entity's Linetype scale property set at 1.0, unless it's linetype is BATTING.

In Model space, I set DIMSCALE to the DWG's required scale, like 96 for 1/8"=1'-0" scale. (This can change if I use different scales within a DWG.)
I set LTSCALE at 1/2 of DIMSCALE.

If a non-continuous linetype doesn't display at these settings, I alter the entity's linetype to another size of the same basic linetype: CENTER to CENTER2 (or going the other way: CENTER to CENTERX2).

CENTER2 comes with LT, but you can create CENTER4, CENTER8... by copying CENTER2's linetype definition and halving its values.
Double CENTERX2's values to create CENTERX4.
You get the idea, I'm sure.

In Paper space, like in Model space, LTSCALE is 1/2 of DIMSCALE. But since Paper space is a 1:1 arena, LTSCALE is always 0.5 (1/2 of 1).

Bonus freebies!
Here's a macro to do these LTSCALE computations depending on DIMSCALE and TILEMODE.
This is written to be added to a pulldown menu. The current LTSCALE is displayed on the menu.
^C^C_setvar;ltscale;$M=$(if,$(eq,$(getvar,tilemode),0),0.5,$M=$(/,$(getvar,DIMSCALE),2.0)) REGENALL;

Here's the same thing, but just displays DIMSCALE.
$(getvar,DIMSCALE): DIMSCALE

One last macro.
Assign this macro to a keyboard combo (I use Ctrl+T) and it toggles you between Model and Paper space, setting LTSCALE as described above.
^C^C_setvar;TILEMODE;$M=$(if,$(eq,$(getvar,TILEMODE),0),1,0);_setvar;ltscale;$M=$(if,$(eq,$(getvar,tilemode),1),0.5,$M=$(/,$(getvar,DIMSCALE),2.0)) REGENALL;$M=$(if,$(eq,$(getvar,tilemode),0),^C,ZOOM;E;ZOOM 0.95X)

I hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost