Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License information & export

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pdhont
457 Views, 1 Reply

License information & export

Hi,

There is a autocad LT 2009 installation on a computer in our office and it is licensed.

The problem is that the installation is done before i was in the company and i can't find the license.

I would like to install autocad on another computer and uninstall it on the current computer but i need to move the license also.

I tried with PLU but it doesn't want to run on the new computer with the message that it will only run on the old computer.

What can i do to export the license ?

Do i need to contact autodesk ?

kind regards,

Philippe Dhont.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pdhont

You should be able to just uninstall from the one machine and install and authorize on the new machine. Autodesk will allow this as it all you are doing is moving the installation to a new computer.

Remember to back up and save all your customizations and custom linetypes, hatches, etc. before you remove the previous install.

The PLU is designed for the program to be used on two different systems BUT NOT at the same time. You can install the program on a second system, export the License from the first system and then import to the second. When done with the second you would export the license to be imported to the first.

Also: Serial Number, Version and other information can be found under Help, Product Information

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost