Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility Error 36

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
AngKala
7258 Views, 12 Replies

License Transfer Utility Error 36

AutoCAD LT 2011 - Trying to transfer license to another PC. When running the license trasnfer utility the following error pops up:

Export Request Failed

The maximum number of exports for this serial number has been reached, You may not export more licenses than you have purchased.

Click the "Try Again" link to resubmit the request.

Try Again

Error Reference: 36

I don't think this license was ever transferred previously.  If so, I thought you could transfer an unlimited amount of times using utility.

Some info:

License name: AutoCAD LT 2011

License Type: Standalone - Locked

License expiration: None

License behavior: Permananet

License usage type: Commerical

License ID: ACDLT_F_S

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Charles_Shade
in reply to: AngKala

But only if you transfer back again.

The idea is to allow you to use one License on multiple computers.

You may install the program at work, home, laptop and move the License to each of these one at a time so only one is ever being used with one License.

Message 3 of 13
pendean

Don't you have to "put it back" before borrowing a second time? Either way, someone already used that utility on your PC.
Message 4 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: pendean

Confirming what Charles and Dean stated above.

In this case, there was an open export as it was never imported back onto another machine, prevent an additional export as the open export count can't = seat count which in this case = 1.

Message 5 of 13
vfpict
in reply to: philip.s

hello, im having the same issue, im trying to export a license to upgrade the machine but get the errorcode 36.

Message 6 of 13
pendean
in reply to: vfpict

Is there something about the responses already posted that you did not understand? You can export a license that's already exported/checked out.

Just like at the city book library, you can check out a book that's gone and not there.

Put it back first: you or someone else already exported the license previously. You not knowing about it is sadly of no use to anyone. Or you can install and reauthorize the software all over again on the new PC: that's always an option unless you are on a student license.

Message 7 of 13
Adoberjones91

I am working a refresh today which involves an AutoCAD license transfer, which I have worked before, but this time I get an error when working the transfer, The user has AutoCAD LT 2011 and we are looking to export the license from the old PC to then import it on the new replacement PC.

but when doing the export fails Error 36

However the solution above does not make sense regarding the issue we have.  Since to use the quote (in the attached page) the book is there on the original PC. It is useable thus should be available to export.

Are you able to assist please?

Message 8 of 13
gators63

Hello penden, 

I have already posted this AutoDesk cryptic License Utitlity Transfer - Error reference: 36 (error) message on the AutoDesk Community boards. So, I do apolgize if this has already been addressed. As of today's date (Sept. 14, 2014), it has not been addressed. Yes, patience is a virture.

If I follow your analogy about "checking-in" and "checking-out" a book from your local library, I checked-out (exported) my AutoCAD 2012 standalone/student license when I wiped out my Windows XP OS on my current computer. I then checked-in (imported) my license, when I installed my Windows Vista OS on the very same computer. Now, I'm trying to do the very same "export - import" procedure but with my new computer.

I don't know if I should ignore the LUT error message (because on another AutoDesk Community board, the LUT application has been deemed as unreliable) and do a standard installation on my new computer or just wait for an offical response from an AutoDesk-AutoCAD designated "expert" to give me an official response on how to respond to this error message.

These are details of my AutoCAD 2012 license:

[Product Information Properties]
Thursday, January 02, 2014 10:10:27 AM
License name: AutoCAD 2012
Computer host name: LENOVO-CA8585B6
Product serial number: XXX-XXXXXXXX
Product key: 001D1
License type: Standalone - Locked
License expiration date: None
License behavior: Permanent
License usage type: Student Version
License ID: ACD_F_S

I bought this license and registered it with AutoDesk. So, I should not see why AutoDesk will balk at my request to transfer this single, standalone license to my new AutoCAD-compliant computer, since this is a simple export/import procedure despite what the LUT error message says.

Thank you for your help in this issue,

Darren Murphy

Message 9 of 13
pendean

Your LTU is failing for one reason: it thinks you have already checked out the license.
Autodesk isn't monitoring your computer: LTU is simply failing.

I suspect since EDU licenses are only for 3-years your 2012 has expired: 2015 is the current shipping model.

You will need to contact Autodesk support either through the EDU community website or through the Installation forum on this website.

Good luck.

Message 10 of 13
pku.kongsberg

In my opinion there is an error in LTU (with all the respect). I have been trying to do it many times on different computers with AC LT 2012/13/14 and it always was working like a charm. Suddenly last year problems started and at the beginning there was a chance to try few times to get success, now there is no way to transfer anything no matter how many times you try.

I've just tried to export AutoCad Mechanical 2015 licence as user has got newly installed computer and I could not do it. I got error 36 and I'm sure nobody could transfer this licence, on old computer AutoCad worked without any problems. We installed SW on new computer with old codes with success and we still can run SW on old computer 😕

Of course on old computer SW will be de-installed but for sure LTU does not work like it should reading library example.

Message 11 of 13
pendean
in reply to: pku.kongsberg

I've never found the LTU of any use: it's so much simpler to just install the software on a new PC and Authorize it. Then kill the ld PC when I know everything is working on the new PC: I can't chance being without access to my client files EVER, not even for a moment. Clients don't care about LTU excuses.
Message 12 of 13
michaelwbell

I find this system very confusing. I wish there was a central place in the "Autodesk Account" web portal where a user could view all current activations of a license and disable them. I am currently trying to upgrade my workstation and laptop to windows 10 and am recieving error 36 when trying to export the license.

I believe it is because the "OTTO" virtual chat bot has generated a new activation for me on one of the machines before I went and deactivated the existing one. I just wish I could simply deactivate all licenses and get back to work again like with Creative Cloud. I suppose that would require the machine phoning home on every launch of the App, which users would hate. 

Michael Wentworth-Bell
3D Artist - Reel Pictures P/L
Melbourne Australia
My website: http://thelode.com.au
Message 13 of 13
Darin.Green
in reply to: michaelwbell

If you tried transferring the license from one system to another but the license doesn't get downloaded onto the new machine or uploaded to the Autodesk Cloud, it's due to one of the following:

• The same version of PC1 applications is not the same as on PC.
    • Serial Number mismatch between PC1 and PC2.
    • The serial number is invalid or subscription was dropped from that contract.

That being said, once those issues are corrected on the destination machine (serial number, or software mismatch), you should be able to copy down the transferred license.

If after making the changes still doesn't work, just activate the software on the destination machine.

Note: If you activate the new machine, make sure you uninstall the software from the old machine along with deleting the following directories:

• C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\
    • C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost