Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layers

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Jim_Christie44
953 Views, 4 Replies

Layers

If the office had adopted a layering system with a large number of layers how best can one manage the layers into specific groups which could be access by users and imported into their drawing. I am aware that a base drawing could be set-up and accessed using Design Centre and the relevant layers dragged in from that drawing or the layers could be set up in a template drawing and filtered into groups. I would like to have a template drawing with minimum layers and allow users to insert the layer groups they require for the specific project. Can palettes be used. I wondered if a palette could be formed whereby layers or layer groups could be dragged into the drawing as required. Is this possible or are there any other suggestions.

Your advice would be welcomed

Jim

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I should think that if you create a Block of Lines, with each Line on the Layer(s) needed, then that Block could be placed on a Pallete and dropped into a basic Template as needed.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 5

Charles,

Many thanks for prompt reply. Much appreciated. I will give it a try

Jim

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Jim_Christie44

And you can expand on that tip by doing the same with DIMSTYLES, text STYLEs, MLEADER Styles, Table Styles, linetypes and so much more.

Message 5 of 5

Dean,

Many thanks for your additional suggestions. This has given me some more ideas on how to set up templates for ease of use.

Regards

Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost