Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling or Annotating lines in AutoCAD LT 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
klee
1505 Views, 2 Replies

Labeling or Annotating lines in AutoCAD LT 2014

I have a customer using AutoCAD LT 2014 and they are trying to label or annotate individual lines and having issues.  Here is the message I received from them, "Now, I want to LABEL or ANNOTATE these individual lines.Using AutoCAD 2000, we used "tools", "Load Application", "LBL"Then with the command "LBL", a dialog box would allow to choose "bearing", "distance" or "both", then I clicked on each line with the pickbox and they were labeled according to my chosen format for text style.Again, I need to label all lines.Presently, I must use single line text for this, and it's too time consuming."  Is it possible to do what they are trying to in AutoCAD LT 2014?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drjohn
in reply to: klee

My guess is that it appears that with the LOAD APP they were loading a 3rd party application (you may have already figured that out) that may have been in LISP.  That's not available in LT versions.

The closest to what they want to do that I can think of is a FIELD but that's not SINGLE LINE TEXT.

FWIW

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: klee

AutoCAD (see their reference for "2000") has the APPLOAD command to load external applications.
LT, the cheapest AutoCAD version, does not offer that external application feature (part of the discount).

So, by saving money spending only $800 for LT vs $4000 for AutoCAD, your client gave up the ability to load external applications that are LISP, VBA, .NET and other options.

If they want 'text', the commands are TEXT or MTEXT: if they need properties of the line to be displayed, the tip above about using FIELD command to create custom "text" for the line is what is needed.

So find out what exactly "label all lines" really means and see if what they want is even a feature of LT.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost