Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT2014 Saveas bug

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ChuckEdwards
319 Views, 7 Replies

LT2014 Saveas bug

There is some bug in LT2014 where the drawings are occasionally (but not predictably) being saved in 2013 format, even though the saveas settings are set to 2010.

I've had it happen a few times, and a colleague has also had it happen to files she has saved.

Can we have a fix please from the developers, Most of my office is still on 2010 and I'm getting tired of being blamed by my colleagues for a problem I have not created, and also tired of getting emails from the partners where I work making it sound like either I'm doing it deliberately or I'm an idiot.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Is Save As under the Open and Save tab in Options where you have this set?

Message 3 of 8

Charles,

Yes it is correct and has been since I started using it.

See screen capture below.

SavesAs.jpg

Charles.

Message 4 of 8

Thought that is what you meant but wanted to be sure.

Next time someone tries to tar and feather you open the file in question in Notepad and see if the first group of characters is AC1024.

If so this file is on the 2010 Format. If it has AC1027 then it is 2014.

AC1027      AutoCAD 2013/2014

AC1024      AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012 
AC1021      AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009 
AC1018      AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006 
AC1015      AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 
AC1014      AutoCAD Release 14 
AC1012      AutoCAD Release 13

I save here in 2010 Format and a random sampling of Files showed AC1024.

Message 5 of 8
pendean
in reply to: ChuckEdwards

WBLOCK will do this by default; REFEDIT will do it too: both of these ignore your SAVE settings.

Otherwise if it truly is unpredictable and random you'll need to try and monitor it more closely on your end to identify what other things are going on (like a system crash or recovery etc.).
Message 6 of 8

Charles,

I had a VB programe that read that a few years ago (when the office I worked for was dealing with a problem like this), it would read the first few letters out and then write a code against the file tag information, so you could see it in Windows Explorer.

Very useful, but a bit over the top for this problem...

Charles.

Message 7 of 8
ChuckEdwards
in reply to: pendean

Dean, it has been none of those things, just ordinary working in files, but thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately one of the partners here is the kind where if you contradict them then you must be lying, they cannot be wrong....my mere 18+ years of using Autocad is nothing compared to the doctrine of management infallibility.

Maybe I need one of those shields they have on Star Trek, the kind Mr Sulu could put up to defend against things like the floating head of Zsa Zsa Gabor?

Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: ChuckEdwards

I understand: maybe you should give them 2014 and you knock yourself down to 2010 like everyone else. Then you all get the free converter to use when it happens to them.

Call it the executive upgrade 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost