Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT13 default lineweight listed as -.03

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
siefertassoc
1514 Views, 8 Replies

LT13 default lineweight listed as -.03

I had an issue where literally after switching viewports to check a few things and back to model space I lost the abality to double click to edit text and the delete key (keyboard) didn't work. Solved by removing and reinstalling fresh. Now I just noticed that the default lineweight (set at the default .25mm) is listed as -.03 in the layer manager. Even if I set the default to something like 1mm and back again its still listed as -.03mm. It's not affecting how anything looks or plots. Just wierd and a little annoying

Capture.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: siefertassoc

Do you actually use LWEIGHT to set lineweights to objects? Or do you rely on plot style tables?

You do realize if you want "default" that entire column should read "DEFAULT" and nothing else, and that setting is different to each file you open (and can be different to each viewport if viewport overrides are employed.

You also say it does not affect plot output, so you kind of confused the issue a little bit for some of us over here.

Message 3 of 9
siefertassoc
in reply to: pendean

We currently use LWEIGHT. To my knowlege the other employee who used the file didn't change anythind as far as plot or pen styles. I opened them and they all look like the default settings. I also just tried to open one of our company templates and it looks the same, wherever Default should be is the -.03. I had a different co-worker open the same template and it listes Default like it should. We keep a simple layer setup and most of our layers are set to the Default lineweight. We also use the monochrome plot style. I was also confused by what plotted. Everything plotted normally. It's like the default is .25mm and it't set to that, it plots like that, the layers that should be set to it are, just the text in the layer manager is not displaying it. This is for all files I open and all other co-workers they are listed like normal.

Hope this explaines it a little better.

Message 4 of 9
siefertassoc

Logged in to the workstation this morning and all is well, I don't get it.

Message 5 of 9
pendean

Let's establish some use-of-words standards for this thread for easier exchange of information if I may:

DEFAULT - that is an actual setting in the column you show in LAYER command. It does not mean anything else. See screenshot.

STANDARD - what you want the LWEIGHT setting to be in a file, 0.25 or 0.03 or whatever. See screenshot with 0.014 as 'standard'.

So... Are you saying all of your colleagues see the DEFAULT setting in that column (my first screenshot), but when you open the file on your PC is shows posted screenshot at the top of this thread instead?

Message 6 of 9
siefertassoc
in reply to: pendean

Correct everyone see's the DEFAULT setting while I saw my initial screen shot. This morning I log in, open it up and see the DEFAULT setting as well now. All I did yeaterday was check a few setting, didn't actually change anything, and log off the workstation, no restart. 

Would it be possible to change the setting from DEFAULT to STANDARD easily by accident?  If so that can explan the change. I didn't think a negative lineweight was possible though. Weather it displays DEFAULT or STANDARD dosen't really bother me now that I know I have a choice. The negative lineweight is was threw me off.

Message 7 of 9
dgorsman

If somebody is using a full version of AutoCAD, these rogue settings are possible with automation.  Some third-party programs don't thoroughly check their data values and blindly push them into the settings e.g. assigning lineweight "BYLAYER" to a layer.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 8 of 9
siefertassoc

Nope no 3D users. I did just discover that my Ctrl or Shift key on my keyboard is sticking. This probably caused my other problems earlier and just 15 min ago when it might have been stuck mid command and I wasn't able to select anything or use the scroll wheel button on the mouse to pan. 

Message 9 of 9
pendean

I suspect someone changed them first, then back when they realized it. It happens when many touch a file and no one takes ownership: glad it's not fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost