Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2013 Layer Filter

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
bwildrick
987 Views, 18 Replies

LT 2013 Layer Filter

Just upgraded to LT13 from LT12 and noticed that the layer filters don't change the list of layers in the manager.  for example if I click on an xref'd drawing in the filter tree in past versions only the layers in that drawing would be visible.  In 13 all layers are still visible. Is there a setting in this version I am unaware of? 

I'm sure this is the first of several "quirks" I will discover with the new version that I will most assuredly ascribe to a step backwards in functionality in the interest of pushing out a new piece of software.  How many days before the first service pack is available?

BMW

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
bwildrick
in reply to: bwildrick

is anyone else having this problem?  other users in my office have 64 bit OS and have no problems.

Message 3 of 19
pendean

So what do you have? 64bit Win7 here and not seeing it either.

Message 4 of 19
bwildrick
in reply to: pendean

Vista 32 bit in a core 2 quad with 3 GB RAM.

Message 5 of 19
pendean

Sorry, I don't have access to Vista, you'll have to wait for someone with it to confirm the issue exists there.

Start a new file, add some content on separate layers, run the Filter test: if it fails, post it here. Many of us have 2013 and maybe we can spot something other than a possible system issue.

Message 6 of 19
bwildrick

Opened 2013

Started a new drawing using the provided template file acadlt.dwt

Drew a line on layer 0 so there was content. 

Selected the All Used Layers filter

Created a new layer

received error message indicating "A new layer was created that does not match the current layer filter" and the new layer does not show up in the list of layers.

Click on all and Layer 1 is in the list.

Click on filter again and Layer remains in the list and there is still no content on that layer

Repeated the process of creating a new layer with the same result.

xref'd in a drawing

Click on referenced drawing in the filter list and all 17 of 17 layers are still displayed when there are only 12 layers in the xref.

Message 7 of 19
Pannesch1

Under Layer Settings, check "Apply layer filter to layer toolbar". It seems to be a glitch, because it should not be the way to make the filters work. 

Message 8 of 19
bwildrick
in reply to: Pannesch1

I will admit that is a work around for the problem.  I was hoping to push Autodesk to monitor this and maybe do something out of the ordinary, and fix it.

Message 9 of 19
pendean
in reply to: Pannesch1

"... It seems to be a glitch, because it should not be the way to make the filters work..."

That's the same user-required setting in LT2011 and LT2012: not sure it's a 'glitch' if it requires a user to make an active choice. Perhaps it's just not on? It was on here, but I don't recall if I did that actively or not in 2013.

Message 10 of 19
bwildrick

It is the same setting that I do not have selected in '12.  I think what is meant by a glich is that in '13 the filter actually works when that box is checked.  Unfortunately, I do not want the layer filter applied to the layer toolbar.

Message 11 of 19
piyush.parihar24

Hi,

My Quiry is how to develope a script for separating out layer between text and equipment used in the drawing.

I want drawing to accept the layer automatically when entered into the script.

For example,

My drawing includes 5 lines 1 circle 3 rect. and some text format.

Now what i want is : The script in which after opening my drawing all 9 objects (  5 lines 1 circle 3 rect.) should take one layer and text should take different layer ( Layers will be predefined into the templete i am using )

Help me out i want to generate script for above problem

Piyush (India)

Message 12 of 19
pendean
in reply to: piyush.parihar24

You need more that LT to do all that: you need full AutoCAD and then learn to program with LISP.
Message 13 of 19
piyush.parihar24

Sir what does full AutoCAD mean?
I am already using AutoCAD 2015 LT...
And please do suggest the steps to make this program run using
lisp/VB/script...

Thank you.

Regards,
Piyush
Message 14 of 19
pendean

All of these are Google Search results...

AutoCAD has Lisp, VB, and more and costs 4-times as much as LT: http://www.autocad.com

LT does not have any of those programming languages: http://www.autocadlt.com

Compare them both: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/ten-or-so-differences-between-autocad-and-autocad-.html
and in more detail here
http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad-lt/compare/compare-products/autodesk_autocad_lt_2016-vs-aut...
Message 15 of 19
piyush.parihar24

Sir I need to dedicate specific layer to specific object automatically
using LISP. Can u provide me the code for same

Thank you.

Regards,

Piyush
Message 16 of 19
pendean

There is no LISP in LT.
Message 17 of 19
piyush.parihar24

Sir as you know there are 4 types of AutoCAD in market.

1. AutoCAD LT
2. AutoCAD
3. AutoCAD Suit
4. AutoCAD 360

I am using 2nd one. Being an employee of company who is share partner of
autodesk. I wanna know How does all these stuff work so that by doing R&D
into it. I can make out something useful from future point of view.

Thank you.

Regards,

Piyush
Message 18 of 19
pendean

Thanks for the info: but you wrote "...I am already using AutoCAD 2015 LT..."

This is the LT forum, if you want AutoCAD help it's over here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad/ct-p/8
and if you want LISP help that forum is over there http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-customization/ct-p/AutoCADTopic1

Posting to the correct target audience is how the forums work best.
Message 19 of 19
piyush.parihar24

OK thank you Sir.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost