Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2013 Help File

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Charles_Shade
592 Views, 12 Replies

LT 2013 Help File

Can someone tell me how to get a list of Variables and Commands from the Help file?

I'm obviously too illiterate to figure it out.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi, I was really hoping someone would have an answer for this one. Any time something goes haywire I pull up the system variables in a drawing and then try to figure out which one sounds like it might be the one I need. Looking up each one in help takes forever. If autodesk is reading this, it would be nice to have a list with what they do in one spot rather than looking them up one at a time.

Message 3 of 13

The 2012 Help file allowed you to select from a list Commands, System Variables, Modifiers, etc and get all the Commands.

I've not found this yet with the 2013 Help file.

I've tried inputting Commands or Variables into the Search parameter but it will not return a Command list.

I did have some luck with Commands for Hatches, or Lines, or whatever.

This may be how the system is set up now.

Message 4 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

narrow the search to PRODUCT HELP

in teh Search box, type COMMAND REFERNCE (or COMMANDS).

HELP in LT2013 is a POS 😞

Message 5 of 13
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Helpful.

It still looks like searching Commands for (Whatever)... is the way to find them.

Agree with the acronym.

Message 6 of 13
steven-g

I hope this will help, it's a pdf so you have to access it from outside of autocad, but it is an interactive document

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2013/ENU/PDFs/PDF%20Documentation.htm

Message 7 of 13
pendean
in reply to: steven-g

MAC help may not be complete or accurate for us Windows users.

Message 8 of 13
steven-g

Yeah spotted that just now, this is the PDF for acad 2012 LT unfortunately nothing for 2013

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/sites/default/files/autocadLT_pdf_command-ref_enu_v2.pdf

Message 9 of 13
Charles_Shade

Nice.

Funny how just that type of info can't be pulled in the Help file.

You would think that an interactive list on an interactive platform like the WWW would be appropriate use of the systems in place.

Message 10 of 13
steven-g

The ONES in the ivory tower do listen, fired up autocad today and the help screen (F1) has changed, and there it is, under resources, 'commands' and 'system variables'

Message 11 of 13
pendean

They put back the front page over the weekend 🙂

Message 12 of 13
Charles_Shade

And a sense of humor too!

Think the young bucks get the reference to Douglas Adams? Smiley Very Happy

Have you tried clicking on the Alphabetical list of Commands or Variables yet?Smiley Mad

Message 13 of 13

That's the way I thought those Alphabet letters are supposed to work!Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost