Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2010 - Selection window

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
DJB
Observer
580 Views, 7 Replies

LT 2010 - Selection window

I have just started using LT 2010 and I am finding that the window selection will occasionally start at a completely random point. A typical example is that we will left click to start the selction window and the window will start out of view in what appears to be a random location. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: DJB

turn off running osnaps perhaps?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes my guess would be osnap set to endpoint...

Message 4 of 8
DJB
Observer
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the help but it isn't snapping to any point on a line. It often starts from a point in space. We have also noticed that somethines it might start from an area that you were last working in.

David

Message 5 of 8
pendean

I've not seen that behavior: what you describe in your follow up is unusual, it's like your cursor is not in AutoCAD until you click (where you used to be working), a loss of focus issue (your AutoCAD app is not active).

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I have seen it happen as mine does it too only in Lt 2009 and mostly when I try to plot just a window instead of the whole print.  I've never found any way to prevent it either though.

Message 7 of 8
paultownsin

I have this problemm also in LT 2010, I go to create my selection box and when I click at a location, the box will start from somewhere else on the screen.  Running Windows 7. 

Message 8 of 8
DJB
Observer
in reply to: paultownsin

It is good to know that other people are experiencing the same problem. I have recreated my profile and also added more ram. The problem only occures less often but still happens after I have been in Block editor.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost