Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues plotting DWG to PDF AtuoCAD LT 2008

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Josh6813
1027 Views, 15 Replies

Issues plotting DWG to PDF AtuoCAD LT 2008

I have been having an issue plotting DWG to PDF using AutoCAD LT 2008. Only some of my lines will show up continuous instead of as hidden after being plotted. They all show as hidden both in model space and paper space. I would be less confused if it was all lines showing as continuous but only a few objects will show up as continuous lines. Please help, I'm on a deadline here!

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
braudpat
in reply to: Josh6813

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Which PDF driver are you using ?

- Autodesk driver "DWG to PDF.pc3" ?

- PDF Creator ?

- Cute PDF ?

- Adobe Acrobat ?

- etc ?

Have you the same problem when printing/plotting to paper (same paper size) ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
JoAnn_Hogan

It could also be the scale you are plotting to. Would you please attach your drawing here so we could have a look at it?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 4 of 16
Josh6813
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

I have attached the file I am trying to plot out of. I have been using DWG to PDF.pc3 to plot.

I am using a 1/4" = 1' - 0" scale from ms to ps. I have set ltscale, msltscale, and psltscale to 1 as per another issue that was happening before.

Message 5 of 16
JoAnn_Hogan

Is this any different than what you are getting?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 6 of 16
Josh6813

It is a little different, but only because I have to make everything that is yellow in this drawing (DEMO Layer now) a Hidden line. Not sure why most of them will stay as Hidden lines on my PDF after plotting. Only items I have had issues with are the sinks and toilets not showing as hidden lines after plotting but they show as hidden lines in my model and paper spaces.

Message 7 of 16
JoAnn_Hogan

Is these Toilets and sinks blocks? Drawn on the 0-Layer?

Jo - Ann
Message 8 of 16
pendean

Your toilets and sinks are set to hidden (in your first shared drawing they are intact, in the second drawing you exploded and ruined them but they are still dashed)), but your LTSCALE is such that the dashes are exceptionally tiny (they are only a 1/4" long) and just may not print properly based on your output scale.

Change your LTSCALE to something other than 1 if you want to see the dashed on am 1/8" or 1/4" scale plot. I'm sure they will appear fine if you only plot at 1:1 scaqle, but you're not doing that I'm sure.
Message 9 of 16
Josh6813

They were blocks but on my original drawing (Had to copy the problem area to a new DWG file as my original is too large). I exploded them so they should not be blocks any longer. And originally they were on the Building layer.
Message 10 of 16
pendean

LTSCALE, change it to a higher number 🙂
Message 11 of 16
Josh6813
in reply to: pendean

Does it matter that I am going from MS to PS at a scale of 1/4"=1'-0" and to PDF at 1:1 Scale?
Message 12 of 16
Josh6813

I just plotted this after changing my LTSCALE to 5 from 1. Still having the issue of not having hidden lines appear as they should. Any more possible solutions?

Message 13 of 16
pendean

Unfortunately your drawing is in a little bit of a mess, you have LWEIGHT settings turned on and varying between object types and many of your objects have custom object linetype scales defined among a few other things. You're also not using PSLTSCALE and MSLTSCALE variables correctly I suspect in your layout, but nothing in your samples is initialized so I can't tell.

For a quick fix, set LTSCALE to 8 or 16 and your dashed lines will plot as dashed lines. See PDF1-model.

See PDF2-layout for my taking a stab at a it.

See the DWG file I used to create the two plots above.

LTSCALE, MSLTSCALE, CELTSCALE, and PSLTSCALE all come into play in AutoCAD.

You also need to fix the LWEIGHT settings for all your objects, and the individual linetype scales of each object. Screenshots below to show you how.

ScreenShot001.jpg

ScreenShot002.jpg

Message 14 of 16
Josh6813

Just plotted this, still having the same issue. Even tried making the WC's and Lav's squared out instead of rounded with a lot of detail before. LTSCALE set to 8. PSLTSCALE MSLTSCALE and CELTSCALE are all set to 1.

Message 15 of 16
pendean

Looks like your LTSCALE setting is now too large: are you using the file I reposted or is this still yours? Try to understand what you are looking at: if a dash is larger that your block, the block is not going to display as dashed. Does that make sense? Work in that setting, find what works for you.

Are all your files doing this? I suspect not, am I correct?
Message 16 of 16
Josh6813

I no longer have the problem blocks as blocks. I redrew them as simple blocks and am still having the same issue. I think, for the sake of trying to be expedient, I will just have to use a marker for them.

Thank you for all of your help. I will have to see if I can fix it later as my deadline is tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost