Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing AutoCad generated contours from TIN

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1004 Views, 7 Replies

Importing AutoCad generated contours from TIN

I cannot import contour lines generated from a TIN.  Not always, but this one time.  I receive instead boxes with text in them stating "AeccPbCogoPoint"

Any ideas how not to get this message and receive actual points and polylines?

Thanks,

Ed

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

This looks to be your problem (substitute your LT version for the one with the problem):

http://www.advsurvey.com/uploads/Converting_a_2010_Civil_3D_drawing_back_to_version_2009.pdf

BTW, your post is light on usable details such as your LT version, and the version of AutoCAD it came from (and what is a TIN?).

Message 3 of 8
Charles_Shade

So what is different this time?

CAD? The exporting program? Something else?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I am sorry, I am using 2013 AutoCad LT.  I don't know the version being used by the person giving me the survey information, but most likely an older version.  They are using an AutoCad Civil program to create contours from survey points.  The pogram triangulates between the survey points at different elevations to create a surface, or TIN, and then the contour lines are created between these points (i.e. if one point is 214.13 elevation, another is 213.5 elevation, the 214 contour line will cross in between these two points).  Well the end result is contour lines of varying elevations, but the lines are just polylines with a z coordinate. 

Message 5 of 8
Charles_Shade

First time doing this with LT 2013?

Message 6 of 8
pendean

There is an AutoCAD Civil Object Enabler for LT2013 you need to add to see content from AutoCAD Civil:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19052749&linkID=9240818

But if you plan on sending the file back intact you are out of luck: as soon as you save it in LT2013 (whether you save down or not) you will lock them out of being able to edit those contour lines ever again unless thye also upgrade to Civil 2013 version. The file trade will only be one way from now on.

Or ask them to "export to autocad" and send you a dumbed-down 2D file for your use in LT2013.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

No, I receive these files all the time, first time I had a problem.

I don't understand why I should have the problem since I am using 2013 version of LT, and these other people are using older versions of Civil

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you all so much for your help.  I loaded that object enabler from the http site and it worked.  Now I can access this information.

Thanks again,

Ed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost