Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Tile Menu's

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
john.mcbride
1239 Views, 5 Replies

Image Tile Menu's

I've read the previous messages about using the Image Tile Menu but it would save me tons of time trying to come up with new icons for all my blocks so I need more info on doing this.

The instructions DO NOT WORK with 2011!

6. In the Properties pane, enter the properties for the new image tile slide as follows:

• In the Name box, enter the text to display in the list box for the image tile.
  • In the Description box, enter a description for the image tile.
  • In the Slide library box, enter the name of the image tile slide library that contains the slide for the image tile. The image tile slide library must be in one of the folders that defines the Support File Search Path. If you do not have a slide library, but rather an image tile slide file, you enter its name in the image tile slide library box.
  • In the Slide label box, enter the name of the image tile slide file contained in the image tile slide library listed in the Slide library box.

I try to drag my command into my named Image Tile Menu and all I get is a circle with a line thru it like it can't be copied. I tried it on 2006 LT and I'm able to drag my commands to my Image Tle Menus but not with 2011. So I went back to 2006 and can't find any info on calling this image tile menu up? I added it to my menu file but I just get the menus with the commands in lieu of a Image Tile Screen. I'd rather have the pop up so I can show my slides.

So do you have any detailed instructions on doing this? I can do it in my old version of Acad2005 using it in ***POP in my mnu file.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: john.mcbride

Update your methodology might be an option worth exploring:

Option 1: Start ADCENTER command, browse to the folder(ss) where you blocks are stored, right-click over the top folder, and select SET AS HOME. All the blocks and their images are now there. You can simply code ADCNAVIGATE to get to each folder: all images are there, as are your block.

Option 2: While in ADCENTER, go into each folder, select all, then right-click and create a toolpalette. Now you have them there too.

Message 3 of 6
john.mcbride
in reply to: pendean

Dean,

When I have my symbol folder open and I pick a symbol it has an area for a description. How do I add this description to the symbol so it shows up in this area?

Message 4 of 6
pendean

DWGPROPS command inside each block's DWG file>Summary Tab, test it out.

This has the added benefit of enabling more detailed searches for files and blocks using ADCENTER command: pretty powerful stuff, once it is all set up and continued to be done for new content (and project/client files).

Message 5 of 6
john.mcbride
in reply to: pendean

Dean,

So far so good... I think I really like this option of Design Center and Tool Palettes but I have a problem when I pick a symbol from the Tool Palette. The option for letting me pick a scale does not a come up. It does with Design Center. If I type Insert the dialog box is set to ask for it.

Can you help me out on this one?

Message 6 of 6
pendean

What parameters do you want to change? TPs are about speed of input, so they are not by design there to stop for much additional user feedback. Right-click over one of the objects in a tool palette, select Properties, and explore what you can set to be prompted for and what you can create additionally to automate other choices.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost