Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to draw Grading Profile

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
awestbro
1623 Views, 5 Replies

How to draw Grading Profile

I do a lot of retaining wall design that require me to show a profile/section of the wall. I know in more advanced CAD software you can snap a line across a site drawing and it will plot your contour lines in like a profile. Does anybody know of a way that LT can do something similar. I didn't know if there was some way, even an archaic way of doing it. We have some Civil Site Companies that will send us drawing with X,Y, and Z coordinates, this are the ones that I know it would work on. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: awestbro

Would SPLINES do what you want?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
awestbro
in reply to: hwalker

How would you snap them to the countours and make them get a Z value?

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

Archaic drafting is the way since LT does not deal well with 3D.

Though if it has been created can it be overlayed (XREF) or placed in the 2D drawing file if it is given an elevation relevant to the drawing file?

(Now I'm jumping your post and wondering if it can be done.)

Message 5 of 6
awestbro
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Usually when I deal with site plans that have elevations the contours have been XREF'ed in and I simply explode them since I don't have the orginial source files

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Flat 2D is most likely your only choice in LT, Splines or PLINEs: if you need a Z height you could spend an eternity locating each point manually them trying to snap to it with LINEs (kind of what you get after you explode properly drawn Grading as you note in one of your responses).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost