Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make Drop Down Buttons for my Custom Ribbon Panels

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Pappy1954
605 Views, 10 Replies

How can I make Drop Down Buttons for my Custom Ribbon Panels

I have made a 2012 LT custom ribbon and a custom panel.  I have transfered buttons from my autocad 2006 to my 2012 LT.  They work just fine.  The probem is that in 2006 I had drop down buttons to help save toolbar space.  I want to be able to add the drop down button feature to my new panel.  I do not see how to create that type of button, so I can add the regular buttons to it and have one drop down button with those commands in it. 

Can this be done in 2012 LT ?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
hwalker
in reply to: Pappy1954

I believe what you''re looking for is called a 'FLYOUT'. Look it up in help.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 11
Pappy1954

OK, I figured out how to make the "Flyout" buttons.  Now the commands have a cloud & ? instead of the icon.  It shows the icon fine until I put it in the flyout.  I have made sure the suppout file path was added.  What is weird, I can have the same command, sided by side.  The one in the flyout has the cloud / ?.  The one not in the flyout shows the icon.  This proves that the path is correct for the icon to show up.  It has something to do with the flyout.

Message 4 of 11
Charles_Shade

I've read you did this from the previous post but just to be sure: Search around for the Icon name and make sure they are in the correct folder or a folder in the search path.

Later versions of CAD have gotten better about keeping icons bottled up so to speak but you may not have the 2006 icons saved in a folder that 2012 is looking in.

Though it does seem you do.

I'm going to look at the one flyout I created and see if something pops to mind.

-Only thing I am seeing here is that I have the same Icon file attached to both the Small and Large Image for each Command in the Flyout.

Could it be the Button Style for the Flyout is Large and you only have Small Images attached?

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 11
Pappy1954

This was it!  I copied and pasted from the small icon to the large icon and it showed up in both places. 

Next question:  Is the a way to make the buttons on the panel and the flyout not use the large icon and only use the small icon.  Is there a option to select when I make a panel or flyout button?  If there is not, I bet I have 500 icons to fix.

Message 6 of 11
Charles_Shade

Try here where the smallish arrow is pointing.

Note where I've expanded in the upper left pane of the CUI.

(Well yours is not going to CL-Something or another)

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 7 of 11
Pappy1954

It made the panel button small but, when the flyout drops, they are still large buttons. 

Message 8 of 11
Charles_Shade

That might be a limitation of the Flyout. Now that you have said something I think I remember reading about that very thing in a similar post.

Is the Flyout crashing off the bottom of the screen?

Message 9 of 11
Pappy1954
in reply to: Charles_Shade

It would run off the screen if I added anymore buttons to that one flyout.  I have all of the button & panel options set at "Small without text".  They are still large.

Message 10 of 11
Charles_Shade

Yep, recall doing the same thing a couple years ago when I first got into the Ribbon.

Don't know if there is a fix or work around.

Message 11 of 11
Pappy1954

"This was it!  I copied and pasted from the small icon to the large icon and it showed up in both places."

Looks like I will just have to bite the bullet and fix every icon that I add to a flyout button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost