Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with exporting contours from ArcGIS 10.0

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
madcowscarnival
1725 Views, 5 Replies

Help with exporting contours from ArcGIS 10.0

I realize this is not an Arc forum, however, my hope is someone has experience with that program and LT.  I have another topic posted related to this one, from this morning, but the two subjects are significantly different.  A tech at KS Dept of Ag is attempting to export shapefiles in the form of contour lines to send to me.  It works when exporting the shapefiles to a dwg file, though the elevation information is not carried through.  All I get are massive polylines with Z=0.00; labels don't come through either, though I would suspect that they are not present on the ArcGIS file (just in the properties of the shapefile).

Can anyone give me some ideas for exporting from ArcGIS to DWG with elevation data?  I believe she can/will provide the original Arc file as well, but I only have ArcView here (and I don't think it allows the export manipulation of data).

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @madcowscarnival,

I know this post is pretty old but I thought I would address it in case others are trying to find a solution to fix an issue similar to yours. It appears that there are plug-ins available for ArcGIS (from the manufacturer) to talk properly with AutoCAD. I suggest that rather trying a complicated conversion, that the plugin would let you grab the information you need.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 6
pendean
in reply to: john.vellek

No plug-ins are possible in LT @john.vellek
Message 4 of 6
john.vellek
in reply to: pendean

@pendean

Thanks Dean - You are absolutely correct! My error 😞

@madcowscarnival

The ArcGIS can be still be converted. Please check out some of the tutorials on YouTube that address the conversions.Youtube 

It is likely that some trial and error will be involved to tweak all the settings necessary to get exactly the output you need.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 6

This is quite the way back machine, though recently I did come across a similar problem with exporting from Arc to CAD.  This time around I own ArcMap 10.3.1 and learned to successfully export with the Toolbox->CAD->Export.  Unfortunately I never did figure out how to export without using ArcMap and cannot be of more help for future readers of the topic.

Message 6 of 6

Hi @madcowscarnival,

Thanks for coming back in on this thread. I am sorry you were never able to work through a conversion but I am assured that it is possible. I suggest to other Forum Users with a similar issue to refer to the manufacturer's documentation for proper export to AutoCAD. I have included a link to Esri's ArcGIS technical support web page for your use.

ESRI - ArcGIS

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost