Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatching

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
471 Views, 5 Replies

Hatching

I'm trying to get the hatch command to function like I would like but am having trouble.  When I hatch an area all is well until I erase the hatch.  Then it erases the hatch and also the surrounding lines.  If I change the boundary retain option, it draws a border around the hatch and that border covers up my line type below.

How do I set up hatch so that it doesn't draw a line around the hatched area and/or does not remove my original lines when the hatch is erased.  I don't want the hatch command to create a visible boundary covering up my drawn lines and I don't want my drawn lines to be erased when I erase the hatch.  I'm using LT2012.  What are the settings to achieve this?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
drjohn
in reply to: Anonymous

Tools > Options > Selection tab > Uncheck Associative hatch option.

Hover over it to see the tool tip about it ... "If this option is selected the boudary objects are also selected when you select the hatch".

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: drjohn

Thanks Dr John.  I figured it out and was coming back to post my solution but you beat me to it.  At the office, the machines are set up with assoc hatching turned on and those machines do not have the problem I'm having.  I compared the system variables using setvar (?) and can't find a difference in the office machine vs my home setup.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Turn off 'associative' hatching: there is a check-box for that on the HATCH command pop-up or you can explore HPASSOC variable in HELP and turn it off.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

when i hatching an object the boundary line of that object erased...please someone help me out...

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Not enough information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost